advice needed please

wilo

It won't re-pressurise by pumping the pedal on your own unless you have a "self bleed kit" because doing it on your own means that every time you lift the pedal back up you are drawing the air back in that you have just expelled by pushing it down,a bleed kit is essentially a pipe with a slit in the end that will let fluid/air pass through it but when you lift your foot off the pedal does not let the air back in.The other method is to have a second person on the pedal end when they put the pedal down the bleed nipple must be open while the pedal is down tighten the nipple off and get the person the other end to lift the pedal so it doesn't let the air back in.Or gravity bleeding may work which means fill the reservoir all the way to the top then crack the nipple on the slave cylinder open and let the fluid trickle through if you keep an eye on the nipple you can see the air coming through when it is dripping a steady drip of fluid job done tighten the nipple and you should be all good.I you do go for gravity bleed method you need to keep an eye on the reservoir as if it empties then you will be back to square one as air will be back in the line.

• Like 1

I think that the seal in the slave has failed and that it is the rubber boot on the slave that has popped off.

No point in bleeding until the new slave and line is fitted.

edit: Ignore above, looks like the hose has failed.

Edited by ZMANALEX

The original hose that goes from the clutch master cylinder to the slave would have a banjo fitting at each end, so bolted, if the original was broken it would have taken a fair bit of force.

If you have fitted a braided unit, once all tightend up, with the MC filled, if you don't have a vacuum pump/auto brake bleeder, try this with the slave cylinder bleed valve cracked open, attach a piece of hose to the bleed nipple, and immerse the end of the hose into a small jar full of brake/clutch fluid, and then gently pump the clutch pedal, keeping an eye on the reservoir, and top up if needed.

You should be able to tell if the fluid is being pulled through, once this happens, you should be able to close the bleed nipple and the pedal should pressurise, and the clutch should disengage, if not, or you still have air in the system replete to process.

thanks Tricky .

no not fitted the stop tech slave or braided hose yet as still on way to me from Adrian.

and oh damn there was no banjo on slave side of hose ....just a black hose with an open end (like a vacuum pipe).

cant for the life of me think what's broke it off tho other than the jolt of hitting the curb.

do you think fitting a small jubilee clip to the hose where it attaches to the slave would be sufficient to get the pedal pressurised so i can get the car drivable to get to garage?

It won't re-pressurise by pumping the pedal on your own unless you have a "self bleed kit" because doing it on your own means that every time you lift the pedal back up you are drawing the air back in that you have just expelled by pushing it down,a bleed kit is essentially a pipe with a slit in the end that will let fluid/air pass through it but when you lift your foot off the pedal does not let the air back in.The other method is to have a second person on the pedal end when they put the pedal down the bleed nipple must be open while the pedal is down tighten the nipple off and get the person the other end to lift the pedal so it doesn't let the air back in.Or gravity bleeding may work which means fill the reservoir all the way to the top then crack the nipple on the slave cylinder open and let the fluid trickle through if you keep an eye on the nipple you can see the air coming through when it is dripping a steady drip of fluid job done tighten the nipple and you should be all good.I you do go for gravity bleed method you need to keep an eye on the reservoir as if it empties then you will be back to square one as air will be back in the line.

cheers Gassy for explaining that in layman's terms ...i understand the process alot better now mate

I think that the seal in the slave has failed and that it is the rubber boot on the slave that has popped off.

No point in bleeding until the new slave and line is fitted.

this is where the hose has come off mate (on pic taken from google)

tbh from looking at google pics i think the banjo is still attached to the slave and its the black rubber hose thats separated from the banjo .

also there is a thin 1" nipple sticking out of the slave where i pushed the hose back on.....i think this was possibly permanently attached at one point23d5dc31b8d457f43608838bf31aaee5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by wilo

okay guys these arrived this morning (cheers Adrian for super fast delivery)

cant work out how the braided line attaches to the slave tho?.

i removed the yellow plug from the slave but the fittings on the hose dont match up ...any ideas pls 572ce9722a375ef0a6239c7f3bd78973.jpg442d984da79400e8c61bd352ef188afa.jpgdaa39a723c67c66dc85506d29ebdd156.jpg435f88979e9c972582a8ae85aa1fef60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ok on the old unit you need to remove the bolt/union that is in the circle end of the pipe.Be careful as there will be x2 washers that need to go both sides of the pipe when you are bolting the two units together.

• Like 1

Ok on the old unit you need to remove the bolt/union that is in the circle end of the pipe.Be careful as there will be x2 washers that need to go both sides of the pipe when you are bolting the two units together.

not sure if it will fit tho mate ...my cars a 2004 DE and the new stoptech unit says 05_07

What Gassy has said you dumbwit: :lol:

Just swop over the original banjo bolt and the 2 copper washers.

All DE slaves are the same no matter the year. ;)

You really are a lost cause mate :doh: so might be a good plan to get the garage to sort out the mess that you now find yourself in as you won't be able to bleed the hydraulics on your own. . :thumbs:

What Gassy has said you dumbwit: :lol:

Just swop over the original banjo bolt and the 2 copper washers.

All DE slaves are the same no matter the year. ;)

You really are a lost cause mate :doh: so might be a good plan to get the garage to sort out the mess that you now find yourself in as you won't be able to bleed the hydraulics on your own. . :thumbs:

rebooked the garage for Tuesday now .and yea im not touching a thing ...cba with any more problems atm .

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/powertrain/ancillaries/1673-350z-de-05-07-stoptech-premium-clutch-slave-cylinder-13842019.html

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/powertrain/ancillaries/1672-350z-03-04-stoptech-premium-clutch-slave-cylinder-13842017.html

You ordered the wrong part if your car is 03-04, we've sent the correct part as per your order.

Let me know if you need a replacement and we'll ship the correct part tomorrow for Tuesday delivery.

sorry my error ..i clicked the link you provided and added to cart ...didnt think about the model year as weve done business before and just assumed on my part that it would fit .

i have sent you a PM and yes my model is a 2004 DE cheers