Wound Coilovers down...Still not low..

F100Jay

Wondering if anyone can help. My car came with Tiens suspension. I believe they are the basic street variety. When i bought the car, it was at stock height with them on. This week i've come to wind them down, the fronts are great, they go very low with loads of extra. But the rears are still high. Wound them down as far as they go but there is still a two finger gap between the wheels and arch. Cant get a pic until tomorrow.

I'll be replacing the coilovers sometime during the winter for a more comprehensive set, but i still want the car to sit low right now. Can anyone make any recommendations? Can i find a shorter spring to fit or are there any modifications i can make to drop the rear another inch or two?

Any help is appreciated.

Jay

make sure these have been removed:

$(KGrHqZ,!l4E+uPCvMIhBQLj-VM78g~~60_35.JPG

I have seen a Z with coilovers and those still in, it's like a 2" piece of rubber which sometimes gets stuck, it will be on top of the spring if it's still there. It's not supposed to be with coilovers, only with normal suspension. Whip it out :)

20t00na.jpg

Thats Busters on Superstreets, IIRC it might have even gone lower than that. Sure youre using them right? ;)

loved the look of it like this but was just a tad to low for our roads

you correct this was sat on tien super street suspension.

Quite funny if they are on there...The coilovers have been on the car something silly like 8 year. I went to see it and thought, i'll have to get coilovers. The guy says it has them..but it was set at stock height. :lol:

yea some people like to use there performance parts for performance not hard parking its quite a rarity these days.

Quite funny if they are on there...The coilovers have been on the car something silly like 8 year. I went to see it and thought, i'll have to get coilovers. The guy says it has them..but it was set at stock height. :lol:

yea some people like to use there performance parts for performance not hard parking its quite a rarity these days.

If it was for performance purposes...they wouldn't have bought Teins.

If it was for performance purposes...they wouldn't have bought Teins.

you mean Tein one of the leaders in performance suspension in the world?

granted they are probably cheapest set available from tein but im sure there better than standard

Edited by StevoD