Window motor

kvin

I've got the irritating window motor problem - passenger window sometimes doesn't close that last centimetre when the door is shut. Up till now I could push it down and it would work and then go back up but now it sits and clicks at me without moving.

Eventually with a combination of hitting the door panel while holding the switch, turning the ignition off and on etc it has budged.

I've read the very helpful guides about cleaning the bushes etc, but I'm mechanically inept and would prefer to pay someone to replace the motor for me. I don't enjoy tinkering, and get very frustrated when things go wrong when I pick up (and immediately drop and lose) a spanner.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can supply and fit a new motor?? It's the passenger side, a 2003 z, and I'm in Wiltshire.

Thanks!

I've just replaced mine. You can buy replacements on e bay at the moment for £45.

Regarding fitting, I'm sure a local garage will do it for a couple of hours labour.

I would not recommend going to Nissan as their prices are extortionate. :scare:

Thanks Rob, did you get the one from "Deutsch teile" or "allparts buddy" on flea bay? They look the same. I may well give it a go at that price. I guess that so far it works(!)?

Edited by kvin

Thanks Rob, did you get the one from "Deutsch teile" or "allparts buddy" on flea bay? They look the same. I may well give it a go at that price. I guess that so far it works(!)?

I got mine from this seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-DOOR-WINDOW-MOTOR-LH-NEAR-SIDE-FITS-FAIRLADY-350Z-3-5-Z33-2002-2014-/401147583809?fits=Model%3A350+Z+Roadster&hash=item5d66425d41:g:dlMAAOSw1vlUuZgd

They advertise 12 months warranty, but they only honour it if a garage fits it and you have an invoice to prove.

I originally changed the brushes on mine, but that was when the only motors I could find for sale were £100.

Motor lasted around 7 months then it packed in completely so I decided just to renew it.

Paul why don't you save a small fortune on labour charges and fit the brushes yourself, they'll cost you a fiver at the most and its not difficult, just take photos at every stage of the strip down so you won't make a mistake when rebuilding it. The sense of satisfaction and confidence you'll get when you complete this will spur you on to try other jobs.