Motorbikes, what you got?

Stu R

I have a full motorbike licence but no bike :(

But then again probably best that way, i have had most close shave with death :scare:

they do require a lot of respect mate, 15 riders have died in the last 12 months in n wales alone :surrender::headhurt:

I have had a full licence since 82, but one night i decided to cut my bike into a two part flaming wreck :scare: I have not owned a bike now since 86.

Blimey! Tell us more...

Basically i was travelling along a main road and indicated to turn right off it at a T-junction, only to be side swiped by another motorcyclist travelling in the same direction overtaking everything behind me. As i turned right he cut straight through me, luckily i just walked away (i don't know how), he was in a coma for 3 weeks. The police reckoned he was doing in excess of 80 mph.

That's the problem I have with bikes. There are plenty of safe riders and a hardcore of complete arseholes.

But then again probably best that way, i have had most close shave with death :scare:

they do require a lot of respect mate, 15 riders have died in the last 12 months in n wales alone :surrender::headhurt:

I have had a full licence since 82, but one night i decided to cut my bike into a two part flaming wreck :scare: I have not owned a bike now since 86.

Blimey! Tell us more...

Basically i was travelling along a main road and indicated to turn right off it at a T-junction, only to be side swiped by another motorcyclist travelling in the same direction overtaking everything behind me. As i turned right he cut straight through me, luckily i just walked away (i don't know how), he was in a coma for 3 weeks. The police reckoned he was doing in excess of 80 mph.

this is the exact reason we do LIFESAVER observations before we turn right........... ;)

But this was 25 years ago stuey, not much in the way of courses back then. :surrender:

Blimey! Tell us more...

this is the exact reason we do LIFESAVER observations before we turn right........... ;)

But this was 25 years ago stuey, not much in the way of courses back then. :surrender:

agreed................. :)

this is why cbts were introduced...............

and now the learner casulty rate has been reduced by 70%.....

I have a rather old Yamaha FZR1000, and although it's currently sorned, it's been well maintained and goes like stink! (no pics til I get back on the beach).

I have been thinking about buying something a little newer, and maybe will look at one of the big four, litre sports bikes this spring/summer, but with work being so busy I don't know that I'd get the use out of it :headhurt:

I don't know if any of you are aware, but once a year, normally around father's Day, there's a massive ride out down here in Devon. It's called the Megaride, and is the biggest event of it's kind in Europe. I try and make it every year, but again it's work dependant. I missed it last year, but the year before, there was over 9000 bikes in attendence, it totally takes over the roads and has the support of the local plod. It'd be great if there was a Zed contingent taking part. It's all for charity, and I guarantee you'll have a good time :D

I'm offshore until at least the end of the month, but if anyone's interested, when I get home, I'll keep you updated with details.

Here's my new toy. Faboulus piece of kit, so smooth, accelerates link a rocket ship and handles like a dream.... :thumbs: Makes the Duke seem like it's diesel powered.

It's got a full Yoshimura Exaust system, K&N etc and been remapped so now produces 161 bhp at the rear wheel... :scare:

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

lovin that kev, i borrowed an r1 for a few days - over a ton in 1st gear :headhurt: very smooth and easy to ride B)

Yes I can't believe how nice it is to ride. I'm in love.... :lol: Oh and the sound of the Yoshi...:blush:

The remapping has also made it even smoother.