Possible oil in manifold??

martybhoy

Hey just wondering if someone with a bit more knowledge than me can help with my current issue.

As you will see from picture below my plenum has started to discolour, at first I thought this was dampness due to rain or even just dirt.

After reading into it some threads I see that this appears to be one of the signs of oil getting into the plenum?

Is that right? I've only noticed this changed in the plenum over the last month or so.

EE71059C-8FF6-40FD-B653-BE0A4B3D36E2_zpswqibedsn.jpg

Thanks coldel. Im trying to avoid doing this myself, although I'll probably take it to the garage as I happen to have the luck where I always get seized bolts, burst hoses or anything that will make it a problem to put back on without some sort of vacuum leak.

Just looking to see if anyone has had any similar experience.

The car runs as normal, no drop in power and all bolt holes are clear of any oil residue.

Hey just wondering if someone with a bit more knowledge than me can help with my current issue.

As you will see from picture below my plenum has started to discolour, at first I thought this was dampness due to rain or even just dirt.

After reading into it some threads I see that this appears to be one of the signs of oil getting into the plenum?

Is that right? I've only noticed this changed in the plenum over the last month or so.

EE71059C-8FF6-40FD-B653-BE0A4B3D36E2_zpswqibedsn.jpg

Its just alloy oxidization due to water and air fella, don't know who has told you that its a sign of oil in the plenum but its incorrect, there will always be oil in the plenum itself due to the way the PCV system works.

• Like 1

Its just alloy oxidization due to water and air fella, don't know who has told you that its a sign of oil in the plenum but its incorrect, there will always be oil in the plenum itself due to the way the PCV system works.

Quite. If oil could seep through metal we would all be screwed :lol:

• Like 1