VQ35DE low mileage non rev up motor

Fen

Hi folks, I am potentially on the lookout for a low mileage motor for my Z. I have the dreaded oil ring problem, and may need to get hold of a motor as it may be cheaper than a rebuild. If anybody knows of one let me know.

Thanks

Fen

Hi thanks for that, I think that's the best option over a rebuild. Do you know of anyone who has had dealings with nissan 4x4 centre in Tyne and Wear? They offered me a drive in drive out rebuild at a rather competitive price.

The oil ring problem is where they get stuck or damaged and don't scrape the oil off the cylinder wall ahead of the compression rings. Resulting in mega oil consumption and smoke

Yup - this seems to be what kills 90% of VQ's from my experience.

I also would recommended used/low mileage engine over a re-build. But that said, I sell engines, so I am biased I guess.

Do they offer a multi-year guarantee? A lot of re-builders offer a 2-4 year limted mileage when my friend's have had it done? E.g. one of the well known Mazda re-furbers offers 4 years infinite miles guarantee, for a £4k re-build.

ta

I'm swinging towards a,used motor, as realisticly it's going to be 4.5k for a legit rebuild.

Not tried breaker link to be fair,may have a gander today. Does anyone know what vege engines are like? And prices?

Ok then, does anybody have any thoughts on A1 jap spares? Offered a complete motor with 43,000 for £1600 2 month warranty or nippon with a 64,000 motor for £2400 fitted, 3 month warranty. Or a drive in drive out rebuild at nissan 4x4 centre (with the gulf 350z and navara etc) for 2k with 12month 12,000 mile warranty