Sargara's Silver 350z DE

Sargara

Not much has really happened in the past couple of months. I got a 2nd hand Pioneer SPH-DA120 as an Xmas present from the missus.

Before I was using one of those casette/AUX things:

iNEZIy.jpg

And fitted:

EmKIIU.jpg

I also picked up one of those bargain £13 cargo nets posted in the Ebay section.

EAYAMz.jpg

And finally a couple of coastal shots from a trip to Northumberland earlier this month:

peQLf0.jpg

a8p63H.jpg

Going to be booking in for a clutch and flywheel change at the end of next month and having the gearbox 2nd gear crunch looked into, I cant decide between SMF or DMF. I'd love to spend the money on wheels, or coilovers etc but I need to address the way the car drives first as Its grating on me. :yuck:

Edited by Sargara

Looks good this! Hopefully the 2nd gear crunch will be fixed by some new fluid.

Unfortunately not, already tried that without any noticeable difference last year when I had all fluids changed during a major service. Just figured I'd get it checked out while the clutch is being done.

Edited by Sargara

• 1 month later...

Due to the size of the job I've not been able to book in with CougarStore until June, not much longer to go now.

Picked up a memento from Silverstone Japfest:

7pYCEa.jpg

They didn't have any of the cloth ones left so I made do with this rubber version, not too bad.

Also got one of MopedMark's gearsticks from the member traders section. Comparison next to my EPRacing one I had initially:

R7cBOq.jpg

I definitely prefer this. Its more weighty and sits better in your palm, good improvement in my opinion.

And lastly I got the keys to our new house yesterday so decided I'd give the garage a try today during the redecorating work:

b0W65o.jpg

OskUUH.jpg

... Bummer. That's as far as I was able to get! Ground out near the Y-pipe.

Another job on the house @*!# list, sort garage entrance :rant:

Cars looking smart, what floor mats do you have?

Shame about the garage entrance, congrats on the new pad otherwise :D

No idea on the mats, they came with the car and I've never bothered to change them. Mitz always comments on my "carpets" tho :lol:

Yeah cheers first home so a big step, meaning the garage hassle is the last thing I need. Figured I might have difficulty with the entrance width (its a fairly awkward approach angle) never thought about this issue!

How do you intend to sort the garage entrance? i assume that is a public footpath, so you can't build a ramp out onto it? And lowering the garage sounds... difficult :lol:

Yeah its going to be a pain that's for sure. The public path is the tarmac in the pic so I only have the concrete to work with. I'm going to have to get a tradesman as I don't have the tools/time for this but I'm hoping they can take some of the floor out and create a more gradual slope in to replace the current "step up" outside the door. Downside will be the door will have a gap underneath it as the floor will be lower I guess. Still got to break it to the missus this is eating into the kitchen funds :stir:

Yeah its going to be a pain that's for sure. The public path is the tarmac in the pic so I only have the concrete to work with. I'm going to have to get a tradesman as I don't have the tools/time for this but I'm hoping they can take some of the floor out and create a more gradual slope in to replace the current "step up" outside the door. Downside will be the door will have a gap underneath it as the floor will be lower I guess. Still got to break it to the missus this is eating into the kitchen funds :stir:

Maybe just put some planks of wood in the middle of the garage. As your rear wheels hit them, the angle of the car will increase and give you more clearance. Because they are only in the middle, your wheels will drop off them again once you are fully in the garage, so you won't be at an incline.

431f3b56c166009466b7d1ed8660d3f4.png

81c9d31667c07faa457b036c10d0e4ea.png

Assuming your lip won't catch, but it looks like you've got plenty of space at the front. Just take it slow, looks like you're only just scraping, so shouldn't need much more height.

Edited by Strudul

Assuming your lip won't catch, but it looks like you've got plenty of space at the front. Just take it slow, looks like you're only just scraping, so shouldn't need much more height.

Didn't get chance to put your MSpaint into practice today, but on the plus side anyone up for some 1972 used cars we found behind some plasterboard?

tYaNbk.jpg

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I did the bumper tuck on mine it was a doddle, you do have to get under there and get a good look at it - I found on mine I could just release the bumper from the supporting brackets, got an M8 bolt I think it was and tuck the bumper up and put the bolt through the bracket and new bumper position to hold it in place. Seemed to work fine took about 5 mins.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions I'll have a look into it in that case as it sounds 1) cheap and 2) reversible which is always good :lol:

My wallet is now lighter following Saturdays visit to CougarStore. No pics but it consisted of the following:

DMF (I know, but its my daily)

Exedy clutch

Vibratechnics transmission mount

Braided line

Slave cylinder

Rear drop-links

I've got to re-learn the car now as the clutch pedal is so light compared to before I'm struggling not to stall while pulling away. There's been some interesting gear changes! The mount has also improved my 1st > 2nd issue, its not completely resolved but its an improvement.

Edited by Sargara

• 1 month later...

Garage (and house) sorted now, been using it regularly for the past week and a bit. Once again my car is back in its natural habitat, garaged.

iOMAUZ.jpg

1Z5ld9.jpg

Surprising seeing how much they had to take out compared to the original garage floor level just to make the slope in, it never felt that great at the time.

Then today mixed fortunes. Bad, battery died so spent time fitting a replacement from EuroCarParts (i hope that's the end of it, and not some kind of parasitic drain - heads up Mitz :lol:) .

Good, fresh rubber being fitted. Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 K117 275/40/18 and 255/40/18

QTHLjL.jpg

But not to my Rays this time, something else.

24QJbm.jpg

1WIiK6.jpg

Thanks to 3sjr from the forum for delivering them in person the majority of the way. 
I'm not sure shiny wheels are going to do me any favours though, something else to tirelessly try and keep clean.