Advice on selling

glastoveteran

Just about to put my zed up for sale as my import will be ready soon and having never sold a car privately before I just wanted to get the panel's advice on a few things!

It's a UK 53 reg GT, Sunset / Alezan leather, genuine sat nav, 38k, totally standard. FNSH, MOT done today, 8 months tax and also has extended warranty until May 08. I'd say the condition is about as good as it gets for its age.

Parkers reckons £14,650 and What Car say £15,835.

1) Quite a difference between those prices - which is likely to be most realistic?

2) How much will the built-in sat nav, warranty and tax add on?

3) Assuming buyers will always want to haggle, do you therefore add a bit on to compensate for this so that the price your sell for is in fact the price you wanted to get, or do you just accept that you won't get the price you're after?

4) How realistic is it to expect potential buyers to be insured to test drive the car?

Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

Parkers reckons £14,650 and What Car say £15,835.

ask the higher amount (you can always come down

1) Quite a difference between those prices - which is likely to be most realistic?

2) How much will the built-in sat nav, warranty and tax add on?

nothing but it will make it easier to sell against other cars

3) Assuming buyers will always want to haggle, do you therefore add a bit on to compensate for this so that the price your sell for is in fact the price you wanted to get, or do you just accept that you won't get the price you're after?

see previous :teeth:

4) How realistic is it to expect potential buyers to be insured to test drive the car?

very unrealistic, especially for fully comp cover

Have a look on Pistonheads bud, always a good range of cars to give you an idea. You can also see how long its been on sale.

Hopefully any buyer will have driven a zed before at a dealers so will not be wanting to drive yours to get the feel, but just to check things out. He can see most of it when you are driving.

you should easily get 15 k for it mate,

dont let anyone else drive it but you if you have to.. and get some pepper spray in your pocket. Also take some golf tees, put them inbetween your fingers and clench a fist they act as spikes should the viewer try anything dodgy. If they come with a partner, hold the partner as hostage, tie them up put them in the basement then say to the main viewer "...okay let go out and drive, but be warned, if I am not back you will not see your partner again"...

All the above is mentioned in the Parkers guide how to sell your car.. page 3 I think :blush: