Been told I have wonky nuts, confused about best option - please help!

colesl4w

Hi all,

Well.. wonky bolts, but sure.

I know this question has been asked in many shapes and forms over the years, but I struggled to find a definitive answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My rear camber & toe bolts, and my front toe bolts, are seized. I'm currently lowered 17mm on Tein s-techs. One mechanic has said I will need just new bolts, another has said I will need new arms too. They didn't do the work there and then as they were worried about snapping the bolts and my car being stuck there with no spares.

I have circled in red the parts the mechanic has said are seized and need to be freed up or replaced.

Rear camber and toe:

R7rcp6U.jpg

Front toe:

45jlPL9.jpg

My questions:

- Are these bits even labelled right lol? Going off literally what the guy pointed at.

- I see there is a highly recommended Eibach rear camber kit for about £180. Will this kit alone replace all of my camber and toe-related seized parts in the rear, or is there a chance I need extra things?

- I see you can get just camber/toe bolts for the rearwhich apparently give greater correction - these cost £55 - would they suit my needs instead of the arm kit?

- Where can I get new toe bolts for the front? I haven't managed to find those. Is there a chance I would need more than just bolts for the front toe?

- If I got all these things, would this allow me to get a complete alignment without worrying about seizing?

I don't mind spending a little extra to just get this all sorted in one go rather than faffing about going to/from a mechanic with different parts. It's such a hassle leaving the car in and getting lifts to/from work just for him to come back and go "ah you need X also".

Thank you so much for your help as always guys. Apologies for these questions! I have bought wrong parts in the past and really don't want to repeat that again!

Edited by colesl4w

There isnt a toe bolt for the front thats the track rod end and I'd be surprised if that snapped, but you can buy new ones from ECP , the camber bolts do snap and you can get them from Nissan but they arent cheap, the reason i expect they recommended new arms is that you have run out of adjustment , as to whether the eibach kit will solve that I dont know

• 2 months later...

I might have some OEM's in the garage if you want to borrow just incase they snap?

Hi Kyle,

Argh I have literally only just seen this! Thanks very much for the offer. All sorted now though - got the Eibach bolt kit fitted and we are now all back in line. Thanks again.