advice on my decats

wilo

hi guys .

when i bought my 350z in june the previous owner told me it had APN ? / APR ? decats.

(cant remember the correct name)

any how are these just less restrictive cats or proper straight through pipes?

reason i ask is im looking to make my miltek system a bit louder at lower rpm

Never heard of APR De-Cats or APN De-Cats. :shrug:

If they are De-Cats then it should just be a straight through pipe, ...you can of course get silenced De-Cats which are a little different. Can you get any pictures of them underneath the car as it "may" help people identify them for you.

If your exhaust isn't loud enough with a Milltek exhaust system & De-Cats though either you don't actually have De-Cats or you have something seriously wrong with your hearing. :dry::lol:

Basically what I'm saying is that should be a fairly loud set up anyway imo. :teeth:

Never heard of APR De-Cats or APN De-Cats. :shrug:

If they are De-Cats then it should just be a straight through pipe, ...you can of course get silenced De-Cats which are a little different. Can you get any pictures of them underneath the car as it "may" help people identify them for you.

If your exhaust isn't loud enough with a Milltek exhaust system & De-Cats though either you don't actually have De-Cats or you have something seriously wrong with your hearing. :dry::lol:

Basically what I'm saying is that should be a fairly loud set up anyway imo. :teeth:

ill try find the original add with the car description and yes once you give it some beans it sounds amazing but under 3k its very quiet tbh.

id just like that addictive miltek soundtrack without breaking the speed limit lol

It's the Milltek fella, a quality piece of kit but at the quieter end of the scale. If you swap it out for something like a Cobra or Scorpion it'll prob be where you want it, or if you're feeling really brace go for an ISR exhaust: Ear splitting when under load, but utterly fantastic!

It's the Milltek fella, a quality piece of kit but at the quieter end of the scale. If you swap it out for something like a Cobra or Scorpion it'll prob be where you want it, or if you're feeling really brace go for an ISR exhaust: Ear splitting when under load, but utterly fantastic!

cheers ill bear this in mind .

are the ones mentioned on par price wise with my miltek ?

if so a swap would be preferable and are the cobra and scorpion raspy or a deep note like the miltek

Milltek is more expensive, although not popular so a straight swap would seem about right.

They can be raspy with decats at times, and even boomy, but IMHO it's the only way to go for the noise you're after. Silenced decats with the above exhausts would also be a better option, but again you've got cost to think about.