Move to Jaaag?

Commander

here`s a clue for yer

Are they really as good (and reliable) as people say?

:teeth:

Edit - wasn't sure if that comment was Pro-Jag or Anti-TVR? Assumed the latter!

I've had it for about 4000 miles, my repair bill is £0 and I already know I'll never own such an awesome car again. Turns out I bought a Red Rose too, so at 380-ish BHP and around 1200kg, it knocks spots off most things in terms of speed, the noise is amazing and it does look equal measures of beautiful and bonkers. In Europe people are fascinated by it - people stop to chat / take pictures / stare all the time... it's a proper feel good car.

All that said, it's not hugely relaxing to drive - I tend to do long distances whenever I'm in a car so want something more GT. You need to be awake and 100% on it 100% of the time - get complacent, especially if it's damp, and it'll try to kill you... even flat straight roads can be an adventure!

Edited by Commander
  • Like 1

I certainly wouldn't swap both cars for the Jag, in either guise.

The TVR will always do the fun thing plus hold value well if looked after, but really the 350Z seems to be the spare wheel now: If you want to go for a fun drive the Tuscan is surely a bag more fun, and is the 350 really that much better as a GT than the TVR? I'm not convinced. I do think you'd be bonkers to get rid of the TVR now though, I really do.

What's the Zed worth, £8k absolute worst case? Anything else around there that floats your boat?

• Like 1

I agree with Dan. Don't do it. :rant:

The Tuscan like any TVR takes balls just to pluck up the courage to buy. Now you have it enjoy it. (Your TVR posting is my favourite on this forum)!

I for one will be genuinely sad if you move on from the Tuscan so early on. :dry:

Edited by monkeybrain1234

The Z is a much more relaxing place to be - lower chance of death too - though it is also totally boring now, as I suspect the Jag will be too, now I've owned the Tuscan... I can't see any car ever topping the Tuscan for excitement, looks, noise, general interest, etc... it's bloody brilliant - i just need something slightly less intense tbh.

2007 HR Coupe in silver with black leather, HFCs, Milltek and 101k on it, probably worth more like 5-6k I'd have thought. 2000 Mk1 Tuscan Red Rose in bright purple, with 47k on an engine rebuilt just 10k ago - advertise for 25k and see what happens..

Other cars? Loads! 996 Turbo, DB9, V12 Vantage, 5.0 XKR-S, Maserati Granturismo to name but a few... sadly I can't afford any of them!

The Tuscan like any TVR takes balls just to pluck up the courage to buy. Now you have it enjoy it. (Your TVR posting is my favourite on this forum)!

:)

I've used it for my Wedding Car, for blasting around every b-road local to me and I've done 2500 miles across the Alps in France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and did 150-odd mph in it in Germany (with the roof off!) In the time I've had the car I've driven it significantly more than the previous owners did and loved every second of it... It's a raw experience though and I want some class... think of it like moving on from a Bowler Tomcat to a Range Rover... I want to do the TVR equivalent of that... IYSWIM? You're more than welcome to buy it if you're sad to see it go so soon? :)

• Like 1