Fuel questions

linkster

as a general rule of thumb (or so i've been told), the most realistic and economical way to drive on a motorway would be at a constant speed of about 60 mph in top gear without having cruise control and air con on. has anyone ever actually tried it? :yawn:

Some people will risk pushing the DTE that extra mile, others will fill up as soon as the light comes on. A true test would be to run the car till it runs out of fuel. That would be a true validation. Any volunteers? :lol:

no chance. can you imagine the embarrassment of overtaking a punto with full halfords bodykit and then running out of fuel? :blush:

Sorry, but i thinik it's pointless buying a 3.5 litre sports car and expecting micra type mpg, it's just fuel, fill her up and have some fun.

Sometimes i only get about 17 to the gallon, but i dont give a damn, i bought the car to have fun in, not worry about fuel costs :blush::surrender: just enjoy it ;):lol::lol::lol:

+1 :thumbs: spot on Satsuma

I think a lot of these 'X amount of miles per tank' is very ambiguous. How can you validate that that is the end of the fuel in the tank? I used to run mine on the ---------------- for ages, I even got an extra 45 miles on the ---------- once :blush:

Some people will risk pushing the DTE that extra mile, others will fill up as soon as the light comes on. A true test would be to run the car till it runs out of fuel. That would be a true validation. Any volunteers? :lol:

I have actually done this!

I got about 50 ish miles after the light went on & ran out in the work car park about to go & fill up-

Very embarrassing considering I usually get various comments from people complementing the car-

Look at that flash t*at- can afford the car but not to run it! - I don't let her go lower than a quarter of a tank now