HPI'd a car - with a milage discrepancy.

Dudey52

So I HPI'd a car I'm going to see. These are the results, Its a 58 plate 350z with 57,000 miles on it. Looks like a nice example

DVLA 25/06/2015 52,000

DVLA 19/08/2011 228,000

BVRLA 14/02/2011 25,486

I assume its just a typo mistake of someone adding an extra 2. Would this hurt the resale prospects of this car?

Thanks

Edited by Dudey52

Checking the MOT history - The earliest data is for a test on 24 january 2012 which it failed the MOT. Shows 30,316 miles

Reason(s) for failure

Offside Front Track rod end ball joint has excessive play (2.2.B.1f)

Offside Front Track rod end ball joint dust cover excessively damaged so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt

Reg is BT58 CPU

Edited by Dudey52

Wierdly, my car has the same issue. Jumps up to 254,000 then back down to 30k the year after.

Must have had the same person at the DVLA that year.

Personally I wouldn't pay any less for a vehicle that had a single discrepancy due to some clown at the DVLA/MOT station having too fat fingers. Although there might be a way to get it changed.

Wierdly, my car has the same issue. Jumps up to 254,000 then back down to 30k the year after.

Must have had the same person at the DVLA that year.

Personally I wouldn't pay any less for a vehicle that had a single discrepancy due to some clown at the DVLA/MOT station having too fat fingers. Although there might be a way to get it changed.

ok, it shows it was done by BVRLA -

British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association

Think it was used as a rental car?