Clutch replacement

Treybleed

How long can I use my clutch for / is safe to use for when you know it's dying ?

I'm getting slip and you can smell it burning when I go over 4-5k revs and give it some boot (no smell when you drive normally).

I've done the pull away tests and it's fine (Did standstill start from 2nd and 3rd). It's an 03, OEM clutch, done 65k. Going to replace but can't really afford it till a months time. Will it do any further damage / damage anything else the more I drive it as it is currently?

Cheers

You can drive until it fails completely when it gets to the rivets you will damage the flywheel but that should be replaced when you do the clutch anyway. So up to you best not to rag it to much if the clutch is dying though :)

If you know the clutch is going and you're still driving it then the only thing AFAIK that it will be "damaging" further is the already dying clutch & possibly the flywheel face which imo you should change at the same time as your clutch anyway.

Definitely safe to use still imo with the only real danger being that the clutch will just go at some point leaving you stranded at the side of a road, ...more than likely on a hill in the middle of heavy traffic, whilst raining with nowhere safe to pull over just to take the pi**. :dry::lol:

Be as sympathetic as you can with it until you get it booked in to be fixed as otherwise it will go much quicker (obviously). Good luck. :thumbs: