Credit cards being cloned twice in 3 months.

Kennydies

When I did my shelby road trip through california in October/November I came back to find £600 worth of childrens clothes and £120 worth of pizza billed to Reading.

To all credit of American Express refunds were made straight away and my card replaced.

Today I found a transaction for "WP-STAGECOACH SERV" for £13 on my visa card. This throws up several warnings when you do a google search on it. Have cancelled my card and have the £13 refunded with no hassle.

I have had credit cards for 16 years, always careful how I use them and now had both used twice within 3 months, is odd. I never let me card out of sight in a restaurant.

Anyone else had this done?

I have been very lucky but several friends havent, one had a nightmare before it was resolved, mortgage not paid and standing orders not honoured.

I have an arrangement with my provider that if they think I am spending out of my usual routine or if I spend more thn a pre agreed limit, they call me on my mobile to confirm. I know this isnt fail safe but it helps.

I travel a lot and am lucky enough not to have had any problems.

Glad you managed to sort it quickly bud.

I record was a call in all cities visited in a month

Moscow x 2

Amsterdam

Aberdeen

Glasgow x 2

Dubin x 2

Boston

New York

Paris

I travelled home from work, went on holiday and then went on a course on my way back to work! I was happy enough that I got called to be honest. It was a pain but they called as I was standing at the register in all places.

It still happens alot when I go to different places.

I got a call from my bank last year asking if I was ok. I laughed so hard.

A friend got a bill on a credit card she didn't have. Her first card was cloned and used to buy a load of playstation type gear. Card was cancelled and a new one issued. The new one was stolen on route and used to buy phones and call credit. She now refuses to get a new card.

I got done and it took my bank 15 months to sort it all out... :dry:

Managed to get across Spain and France on it. And I was in Greece!

Glad you got it sorted though.

:scare: Don't say that! I got taken just before Xmas, and it wasn't until the new year that I discovered it, f**kers had nearly £2000 out of me!!! the bank's onto it now, they've said they would have it sorted pretty soon. I can only hope they're telling the truth. 15 months!!! Please, no! :scare:

I got some of it, it was all about them applying interest on the account and saying that I was still due to pay it, and then transferring my account as they sold their credit card business etc etc. Am sure you will be much better off with the experience than I was. It has become a daily occurrence now for them, this was a couple of years ago..... :)

On a different note you have to check that when a card is canceled it actually goes inactive

My dad lost his wallet a few months ago (found it that afternoon) but had canceled the cards with that protection thing that cancels them all at once, the name escapes me!

Anyway, That was on the Saturday. He got his wallet back and then bought a new laptop on the Monday with a canceled card mistakenly. It was his company credit card with a huge limit! Went through no problem.

No is inactive. Does not even appear on my internet banking anymore. Would love to know how they get details.

I was tempted to phone up dominos and ask where the pizza was delivered to and turn up with a few friends...

I wouldn't bother, they've probably eaten the pizza by now... :boxing: