Engine light

Alex350z

Recently had the engine light flash up, i have berks hfc so im thinking it could be these.

I did the pedal dance but im struggling to read the codes.

It flashes 4 times, then 7, then twice slowly, then 6 times, then 7, then twice slowly again.

Any ideas??

Cheers

Where are you located Alex? (Im on mobile and it doesnt show locations on profile page etc)

Do you have an Android phone??

If you are close to me feel free to pop over and Ill read the codes.

If not then get yourself on ebay and pay £4 for a bluetooth OBDII reader. Then download the Torque app and you can read and reset all the codes yourself.

Fantastic bit of kit. Not had to use it on the Zed yet but used it on various other cars and has been a life saver sometimes when the light comes on and it turns out to be nothing serious

Edited by Erni902

As for it being the hfc's yes they are the usuall culprits, but I notice you have an up Rev map and the eml usually gets turned off to stop that issue with the hfc's. Though maybe in your case it didn't. As above get a code reader as its a hell of a lot easier than the pedal dance for reading and resetting the codes.

I have a few of them engine readers but none work with the zed unfortunately :(I had the cats fitted after the remap so he may not have turned them off. Does anyone know what the code is?

Cheers

If you had the HFC's fitted after you'd had the map done then "most" likely that will be the issue but until you have the code read properly you won't know for certain.

Engine codes here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/113-engine-codes/

Then there's no reason the OBDII readers shouldn't work... What ones have you tried?

I use a cheapy £10 wifi unit from eBay China, then Dash Command on iOS. Works perfectly across all cars. :thumbs:

I tried this one: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Car-ELM327-HH-OBD-2-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Scanner-Scan-Code-Readers-Scanners-/381091635721?hash=item58bad4e209&_trkparms=pageci%253Ad153e869-6853-11e6-af83-005056b25496%257Cparentrq%253Ab1cf9c631560a624ac9a2dc7fffd65dc%257Ciid%253A2

And this one: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-OBD2-ELM327-V1-5-Bluetooth-Car-Scanner-Android-Torque-Auto-Scan-Tool-OBD-II-/201541447408?hash=item2eecce6ef0%3Ag%3A--QAAOSw%7EbFWOxdc&_trkparms=pageci%253Af38a7392-6853-11e6-85a6-74dbd180a5c9%257Cparentrq%253Ab1d07cb01560a60cc9777e61fffd7978%257Ciid%253A6

I got the first one working ages ago after hours of playing. But couldnt manage to get it working this time. I only tried with Torque on android though.