Apexi induction kit

IanS

Hi all,

For ages I couldnt decide which induction kit to go for. Was pretty sold on a Pop charger, but having read some articles on Apexi filerts, thought I'd give them a try.

Fitted it pretty easily, although the the bottom screw from the airbox is a right pain to get at!

On the road its only marginally louder under 3000 revs, but once you give it some, it sounds awesome.

Happy with the look of it, dont think grainy mobile photos do it justice. The only downside is that there isnt a heat shield - anyone know where to get one?

looks good mate B)

not sure where you could get a heat shield on it's own, maybe pm big phil or envy as even if they can't source a heat shield, they may have a used one lying around. . .

just got myself a pipercross fitted and the heatshield is quite good. maybe pipercross will sell just the heat shield if you asked nicely. let me know if you need the dimensions of mine :thumbs:

Think Arc do a nice shiny one Induction Box (just trying to remember if you need to use it with an Arc panel filter...:dry:) . Looks great with the Arc cooling panel.

Also, and please someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but your filter looks very set back from where the air come in off the grill. I belive it needs to be as close as possible to the hole in the bumber in order to get as much air as possible into the CAI. You may need a new intake pipe like this one http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cf ... ct_ID=7858

Mark

Think Arc do a nice shiny one Induction Box (just trying to remember if you need to use it with an Arc panel filter...:dry:) . Looks great with the Arc cooling panel.

Also, and please someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but your filter looks very set back from where the air come in off the grill. I belive it needs to be as close as possible to the hole in the bumber in order to get as much air as possible into the CAI. You may need a new intake pipe like this one http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cf ... ct_ID=7858

Mark

My popcharger sits about the same distance back

DSC_0202Medium.jpg

Thanks guys, will pm Phil.

I got it from Temple Tuning - despite delay in shipping from Japan post Christmans, it was great service. £125 delivered.

Think it looks deceptivly far back as there is the big gaping hole from the old filter box.

Any tips on next best mod to do? Really want a NISMO exhaust but keen to do something else while I am saving up!

I got it from Temple Tuning - despite delay in shipping from Japan post Christmans, it was great service. £125 delivered.

Think it looks deceptivly far back as there is the big gaping hole from the old filter box.

Any tips on next best mod to do? Really want a NISMO exhaust but keen to do something else while I am saving up!

Im in a similar quandry.... Im opting for a plenum spacer till I have enough funds for a Nismo exhaust

Im in a similar quandry.... Im opting for a plenum spacer till I have enough funds for a Nismo exhaust

Take a look at the thread that shows the power 'gains' on a before and after dyno. Go for the NISMO for the noise! :thumbs:

• 9 months later...
did you manage to sort out a heat shield for the apexi in the end,

i like these filters a lot, had one on my last car, found one for about £60 but want to add a heat shield.

did you source one from phil in the end? was it easy to retro fit?

Phil does do em, dead easy to fit. Give him a ring. :)

Yep got a JWT heat shield from Phil along with my NISMO exhaust. Coudn't have been easier to fit.

I am yet to hear a car with a pop charger so still cant compare it to the apexi. Done several thousand miles on it now though with no complaints :)

looking at getting a carbon intake pipe with it. does it fit the same as the chrome pipe in the picture above using samco hose sections and jubilee clips.

am i right in thinking it will give better heat protection compared to metal intakes as it does not conduct.

but is the inside rougher and would this be worse than the smooth metal intake?

looking at getting a carbon intake pipe with it. does it fit the same as the chrome pipe in the picture above using samco hose sections and jubilee clips.

am i right in thinking it will give better heat protection compared to metal intakes as it does not conduct.

but is the inside rougher and would this be worse than the smooth metal intake?

In all honesty mate, it doesnt make any difference. The intake on the Zed can provide more then enough flow even with heat soak etc, temps never get that high to notice the difference and as it flows more than it needs to already, a smooth or rough finish will not effect it noticably. Get the one you prefer the look of :thumbs:

• 1 month later...