New coil pack or packs depending on price

88 Zed

I had a coil pack break down (physically not emotionally) on me recently.

It's easy to diagnose which one is playing up by unplugging them one at a time - unplug a 'good' one and the idle drops. Unplugging the dodgy one has no effect (assuming you're testing while its misfiring).

Chris (Keyser) stepped up and saved the day with a used one, but I also bought another from him to keep as a spare :thumbs:

I had a coil pack break down (physically not emotionally) on me recently.

It's easy to diagnose which one is playing up by unplugging them one at a time - unplug a 'good' one and the idle drops. Unplugging the dodgy one has no effect (assuming you're testing while its misfiring).

Chris (Keyser) stepped up and saved the day with a used one, but I also bought another from him to keep as a spare :thumbs:

I wish this was the case with mine mate!

I haven't felt the missfire at all, it runs and drives perfectly at the moment and the fault is very intermittent (for now) i just don't like the idea of driving it with the lights on 👎ðŸ»

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What warning code you getting? If it's multi cylinder misfire it is more likely a cam position sensor not a coil pack :)

Here's the whole story bud.....

Hi all, I have a 2002 JDM import and my EML / VCD and slip light are making an apperence every now and then.

Plugged it into the snap-on modus in work and got the following

P0350- Ignition coil primary circuit problem. (In engine managment)

C1109- battery voltage out of range. ( in ABS)

C1130- Engine 1 fuel cut system fault (in ABS)

Obviously there is a problem with one of the coils, but as the problem isn't constant (yet) I can't pin point exactly which one is at fault. I haven't got the cash to splash out on all 6 coils at the moment.

My question is, will the faulty coil bring up faults in the ABS/ VDS system? I've drop tested the battery and tested the altanator charging rate etc and that's all fine. All 3 lights come on symbultainiously, cycle the ignition and only the EML remains (until I reset it with a scanner)

Any pointers will be much appreciated!

Unlikely a coil pack will give you ABS.VDS warnings a Bad earth may cause all 3 warning codes though. that's where I would start but I have had earth issues before :blush:

Hmmm i will have to check that out, poor main battery earth?

Or one of the many attached to various locations in the car ?

Cheers!

Ive actually scoured some new ones from the US really cheap, i just need to actually take some time to have a proper look before i buy anything

Unlikely a coil pack will give you ABS.VDS warnings a Bad earth may cause all 3 warning codes though. that's where I would start but I have had earth issues before :blush:

What problems did you have? And how did you trace it?

• 1 month later...

Cheers!

Ive actually scoured some new ones from the US really cheap, i just need to actually take some time to have a proper look before i buy anything

Can I ask where u got them from?

I believe I'm having the same sort of issue. My Z wouldn't start due to a bad earth, so fixed it with a new earth cable now I'm having a very rough idle with the cel light blinking when I rev the car. Feels like it's misfiring and the sound from the exhaust is totally different from normal. Anyone know if this is a coil pack problem???

Cheers!

Can I ask where u got them from?

I believe I'm having the same sort of issue. My Z wouldn't start due to a bad earth, so fixed it with a new earth cable now I'm having a very rough idle with the cel light blinking when I rev the car. Feels like it's misfiring and the sound from the exhaust is totally different from normal. Anyone know if this is a coil pack problem???

I ended up getting them from my local factors at about £80 each, they were cheaper from the US but the fault developed into a full time miss fire so i couldn't wait weeks unfortunately

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...