Insurance Woes

Ruscle

Hello people

So i'm having issues getting a reasonable quote in my eyes , so here's a run down of my details

License held for : 8 years

NCB : 3 years

Points : 3 points for a cut in the Tyre , even though only a a bit of rubber was missing , no fabric showing :( . they wouldnt even let me change it there and then.

Car location overnight : Road , Locked compound in the day

Purchased : April 2016

My current price i pay is £780 and it's up for renewal in a week.

So before my 3 points axa quoted me £560 for a renewal , now with the 3 points £1950 .

I tried to call Chris Knott , apparently me having the car for only 4 months means they won't insure me.

Just looking for advice really as i really don't want to pay that much .

Thanks

Redzed, is that with mods declared? I'm with Hastings at the moment (£1200!), I'm 26 with 5 years no claims, living in Milton Keynes. Bit of a shocker when they raised fom £1000 to £1200 just because I left the sleepy village I was in before. In any case, I asked about covering mods and they shot me down without a question asked.

Bit of a shocker when they raised fom £1000 to £1200 just because I left the sleepy village I was in before.

I had it the other way. When I moved from a very busy main road in a City to a quiet cul de sac in a little small town/village my insurance went up!