Passenger door speaker not working (CD only)

rowey200

Just recently my passenger door speaker has starter cutting in and out, but only when I'm playing CDs (fine when listening to the radio).

I was hoping that the issue would be a loose connection but it would appear not (just read the 'how-to' guide on here) - any pointers or am I defo looking at stripping down the head unit?

Cheers in advance :)

You still have the OEM factory Bose system? If it's fine listening radio, i suspect something to do with the Bose unit CD player rather than loose connection?

Issues with Bose CD player is pretty common with our zeds unfortunately.

Edited by veeg33

Its not a bad job, its the ribbon cable between the CD and amp, the connections are push in and over time they break down, strip it down, cut 1mm off to get a new contact point and reinsert, it'll work fine again. The longest part will be stripping and rebuilding the dash to get the head out. While you are there do the iPod/mp3 hack too, you acn then run the headphone jack into the cubby while its all going back together.

Have fun, its not that difficult.😊

Yeah a common problem... Amplified by the cold if I remember rightly (of that's just another issues with the Clarion...ahem, I mean Bose system)

Whilst your there you might as well attached a 3.5mm Jack to the tape player to make it an Aux.

There is a guide for that too somewhere.

Thanks for all the info folks - I'll have a ponder what to do. The issue only occurs when playing CDs, radio fine.

Rob, can you let me know what head unit you installed and if it was compatible with the sub & steering wheel controls?

Chees :)

Thanks for all the info folks - I'll have a ponder what to do. The issue only occurs when playing CDs, radio fine.

Rob, can you let me know what head unit you installed and if it was compatible with the sub & steering wheel controls?

Chees :)

I fitted a Kenwood DDX4025DAB, which was used from fleabay, super happy with it, Bluetooth, USB wired to the centre console cubby, and DAB is great in the car.

It is fully compatible with the sub and steering remote, providing you buy the correct plug and play lead(and turn remote `ON` on the head unit):- http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Not to mention changeable wallpaper B)

IMG_20160716_185308.jpg

Edited by Robz350z
  • Like 1