370 Automatic gearbox noise

ZedTek

Hello all,

I have a 2012 370 Gt Edition Auto which has just recently started emitting a clunking metallic noise when driving at low speed, and only in 1st gear. It does seem to be coming from the gearbox and as soon as I pick up a bit more speed and change into 2nd it goes away. The car drives normally with no loss of power or any other symptoms. After a bit of research I am led to believe that this might be due to a cracked flex plate?

Has anyone had this particular issue or have a clue as to what might be going on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Tom

Thanks Richf,

I did ring Nissan this morning as I thought the same thing however they stated that the transmission is only covered up to 3 years. I cannot find any paperwork that states otherwise.

I have heard of the flex plates cracking but normally under abuse i guess there is only one way to know for sure

Did think that it was a 5 year power train warranty but checking my handbook it does indeed look like 3 :( Maybe im thinking of my 350 hr

Hi,

Just an update, after further investigation the noise was found to be coming from the rear left wheel and only noticeable during slow speed driving. It turns out the valve sensor had broken off and was rattling around, so big relief it wasn't something more serious! Looks like I need to get a new one as it's badly damaged.

If anyone has any spares of these knocking about i'd gladly buy one off you (same one as this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Infiniti-40700-1AY0A-Tire-Pressure-Monitor-Sensor-OEM-FREE-SHIP-/221938488865)

Cheers guys,

Tom.