MOT Pass 😀 few advisories need advice

zed4life

Had my 2008 roadster in for a P2 service and MOT today.advisories are the suspension arms bushing.please see attached pictures as I don't want to pay this ridiculous amount from Nissan,anyone point me in right direction for cheaper alternatives.thanks in advance post-26127-0-93306600-1467309153_thumb.jpgpost-26127-0-48090100-1467309176_thumb.jpgpost-26127-0-50329600-1467309198_thumb.jpgpost-26127-0-84816500-1467309210_thumb.jpgpost-26127-0-55336500-1467309223_thumb.jpgpost-26127-0-34298400-1467309244_thumb.jpg

Do I need the whole arms or just the bushings as I think they charging for the whole lot?

As Mitz has said you can just get the bushes replaced either OEM or poly bushes which he did for me a couple of years ago I went for the SuperPro ones which are highly recommended. Provided the ball joint end of the arm is fine that's your best option, if not the whole arm can be got a lot cheaper than from Nissan from the traders on here. Then find a local independent garage to fit the parts for you.

With the brakes pads just so your aware the genuine Nissan OEM brembo pads which are about £100 plus from Nissan are different to the cheaper after market brembo pads you'll see on eBay etc. So again I'd buy these from Nissan as the cheaper ones don't have the anti squeal shims fitted are less meaty and is one solid pad as supposed to the genuine ones which are split. Then fit yourself as its quite as simply job if you've got the right tools or get your local independent garage to do it and you should halve the labour cost. Though that's just my opinion on pads there's plenty of other cheaper options out there. Hope that's helped a bit.

Edited by SHEZZA

I had the same and replaced with super pro poly bushes. I wouldn't get the work done at Nissan though, their prices are eye watering. Just get some pads and bushes from a trader on here and get them fitted somewhere you trust.

I just had the exact same about 6 weeks ago... went to Sly and paid £200 for the work including parts. And how much for pads?!! :scare:

+1 I second Mr. Lee's post... I went to Sly and had the same for my bushings! Stay away from the stealership!

I wouldn't be replacing those pads yet. There's loads of meat still on them. When you eventually do though, like everyone else says, do them yourself. Don't take it to Nissan, their prices are a joke.