The cooler fans not started

avado

Hello guys,

Yesterday my cooler fans not started. I hope I didn't overheated the engine...

We checked and the codes are:

P0117 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Low Input

P0118 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input

Is it possible the problem is only in Engine coolant temperature sensor? Is there somebody else with this problem? Thank you in advance!

If you turn on the air conditioning button does one of the fans turn on? If not:

Cooling fan motors failure are a common issue. There is a thread on here about refurbishing them or you can talk to one of the traders on getting a second hand one.

Alternatively, Mishimoto do a full shroud with 2 fans which is cheaper than OEM but you will need to do a little wiring work to fit them.

If you turn on the air conditioning button does one of the fans turn on? If not:

Cooling fan motors failure are a common issue. There is a thread on here about refurbishing them or you can talk to one of the traders on getting a second hand one.

Alternatively, Mishimoto do a full shroud with 2 fans which is cheaper than OEM but you will need to do a little wiring work to fit them.

The latest Mishimoto fan shrouds now come with the correct plus for plug and play fitment :) We have them in stock if required.

• Like 2

The latest Mishimoto fan shrouds now come with the correct plus for plug and play fitment :) We have them in stock if required.

That's great to know on the Mishimoto shroud kit... hate having to do any wiring!

Fixed!

First we tried to start fans on low or high manually (by computer). On "low" they din't started, on "high" - only one started slowly (actually on low).

So we open both motors and the problem was with the brushes (I'm not sure of the name of this parts). There are 4 in each motor and 2 of them was stuck. It is little problem to open the motors, but I think anybody can do it.

Picture:

2moxkyh.jpg

Z Veteran, can you send me message with the price of Mishimoto fans? Actually, I what to know, because may be after some time I will need it change them. For now everything is ok.

Edited by avado
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed a pair of new Mishimoto fans and shroud, but they only come on as a pair, not singly (ie. when I turn on the A/c or the engine gets up to temperature) have I ended up with some old stock?