time for a new clutch

alexdax

Help me out here

Its time to change the clutch

like you all know I have a forged internals with a vortech making +/- 15psi…

Some time ago I used the OEM clutch disc and refurbish it with some “truck fabric ferodo†I knew that it was something cheap for only some time but my budget didn’t allow something new at the moment

Now i´m starting to see some clutch spinning in a wot pull

My Z is almost a daily car, like not a daily car but still a car that can be driven around town

What should I do?

what would you do?

Would be quite interested to see the responses, I'm due for a clutch change soon and not sure whether to just go like for like with oem or get an upgraded one. Car is completely standard, considering plenum spacer, new exhaust and a remap in the future but should all be good with oem right? Sorry if i'm hijacking this thread - would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction!

What i need is the feed back from someone's experience, I know that this is the place for all that knowledge

Here In portugal don’t have anyone with a Z even stock one...

In the last 5 tranck days my Zed was the only one so what I need is some feeling on this

Share with all some thoughts about the z clutches and stuff

:boxing:

If u have boosted your car why to stick with OEM clutch. Go with more stronger pressure plate and aggressive friction disc

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

you are right but i´m a litlle afraid of the bump feeling on the clutch

so i am seeking someones experience on this

YOU have a kit for sale.

why are you seling it ?

You will get used to it for that "bumpy" feel how u call it. Just add bit revs when starting and the rest of gear change is normal and faster.

I have kit for sale as i have Greddy twin turbo pushing 640 bhp for now and this clutch start slipping at 590 bhp and 600 nm of torque so i needed a stronger pressure plate and friction disc

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• Like 1