Master or Slave cylinder?

zakeri88

Hi guys,

I'm having a bit of an issue with my HR 350Z and wondered if someone might be able to give some advice.

Last weekend the clutch pedal in the Z went straight to the floor when I went to start it. I looked under the car and saw a big patch of fluid almost directly under the engine.

I look the car to a garage and they think both the master and slave are gone and need replacing. They've tried topping up the system but they can't get the pedal back up.

Does this sound right to you? My suspicion is its probably just the master cylinder and clutch line that need replacing. They say it's going to be a big job to take the gearbox out and change the slave but it doesnt seem likely that both cylinders would have gone at the same time.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you

Baz

It will be the concentric slave cyl.

Best to take it to a garage that know what they are talking about for the repair.

Depending on mileage may be a plan to swop out the fly and clutch and also fit an upgraded CSC.

• Like 1

Tom aka TomBorehamUK on here had the same issue, but his was whilst we were up in Scotland doing the NC500!! It was his slave cylinder that went, and in the HR it's a gearbox off job as you mentioned.

I'm with Alex on this one and whilst it's out, you may as well get the clutch and flywheel upgraded along with the CSC :) of course as long as it's within budget as it's not cheap!

Pretty sure my slave has just give up the go, I'm losing fluid but nothing under the car so I'm assuming it's leeking into the bell housing. Clutch pedal feels horrendous at the minute, I just keep topping up with fluid to get me through this week, just purchased the Xtreme HR kit from Clark Motorsport so hopefully this will sort the issue.