Replacement Airbag Spiral Cable

Grumpy Griff

Airbag warning light started flashing a while ago, following recent pre-MOT visit to dealers, they say the spiral cable is faulty.

Unfortunately nthis will take at least until the end of the month to ship from Japan as they and any associated dealers do not have the part in stock.

Bugger - my MOT is in 2 weeks time....

It is original part number NB5567CF42E

Any ideas where I can get another one ?

I've tried ebay and get this sort of thing :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25567-ET025-For-Nissan-350Z-Versa-Xterra-Murano-Airbag-Spiral-Cable-Clock-Spring-/151847456038?fits=Car+Make%3ANissan%7CModel%3A350+Z&hash=item235ad04d26:g:l~cAAOSw9mFWHM-e

Is this right ?? But it takes ages to ship too......

Have tried a parts-finder and got a few answers, all at £90+

Any thoughts anyone ?? Any help is much appreciated as not sure exactly what I'm looking for to be honest...

Griff

Thanks for replies guys.....have tried the reset....didn't work.......my dealer doesn't have it unfortunately......

Will PM you guys - thanks again.

Gareth

p.s. I thought Zmanalex was no longer a dealer - I used him a few years ago and he was great on a few parts, tried him more recently and he said he'd moved on - is he back doing Zed stuff again ??

My independent (Lockwood and Greenwood in Manchester) sourced an ebay one for me.

It looked similar to the one you posted.

They fitted it for me but warned if I did want to fit it myself not to twiddle or twist it before fitting or it would break.

So no twiddling when you get yours :lol:

Hope you get one in time.

Cheers Headphones - I'll be careful with what I twiddle with then ;)

Alex has helped trying to explain to numpty me that the part number I was quoted wasn't the cable but a different bit - he's been a great help so far....

Hopefully I can clear up what is actually needed and get it in time.......otherwise the car might have to be off the road for a few weeks :rant:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Headphones - I'll be careful with what I twiddle with then ;)

Alex has helped trying to explain to numpty me that the part number I was quoted wasn't the cable but a different bit - he's been a great help so far....

Hopefully I can clear up what is actually needed and get it in time.......otherwise the car might have to be off the road for a few weeks :rant:

I've had a nightmare with this! Make sure you get a spiral cable and not a steering angle sensor. I replaced my spiral cable as I was getting the same problem, didn't fix it though!! Been living with a flashing airbag light for quite a while now. Thankfully the reset lasted just long enough to get through the MOT.

• Like 1

Dear All

Thanks for all your help/advice. Managed to get it sorted. Got the right part from a breaker via 247spares.co.uk, where you list the part you want then breakers get back in contact with you if they have it.

I got replies from 4 or 5 breakers, made sure the bit I ordered was from an 06 reg UK spec car (and they said they'd sort out refund etc. if it was wrong part as it didn't have same part number as I was told it was) and it all worked. Quick delivery and MOT all done and dusted now.

Cheers again guys - great help from a great forum :thumbs:

Have a good weekend y'all

Grumpy Griff

Edited by Grumpy Griff