Can I park on speed bumps?

Banz

On the first photo, there is enough space to park a car on it. Whereas the second photo is the opposite and has a tiny spot. A smart car would definitely fit on there.

q9iERAC.jpg

SuRla7f.jpg

Edited by Banz

I'm puzzled because they don't have the yellow line over the speed bump. It's in a very quiet neighborhood and I've never seen a warden on that street or I would be able to ask them! I do occasionally see cars parked on it but I dare not risk it.

i'd be surprised you can't park on a speedbump. there is no marking at all to suggest that you can't. In the first pic there is no paint at all and its clearly not a pedestrian crossing, so if you did get a ticket then I would be questioning why.

The 'authority' is not the yellow lines, but what it says on the attendant signs in the road.

Common place for cars to park on speed bumps where there are no parking restrictions.

In the case above if a Smart car fits (even parked at 90degrees to the kerb) and the attendant signs do not say the parking restrictions also apply to the speed humps, then theoreticallyI consider it would be lawful unless the Police decided an obstruction was being caused.....

The parking restriction sign says that you can't park between 8-5 Mon-Fri on the single yellow line.

So I'm guessing it is fine as long as we don't go over the yellow line.