MOT issue after removing private plate

Angrybiker

Anyone had problems with this before? Recently had my MOT done @ Infiniti Glasgow, no issues. I removed my private plate at about the same time but since the paperwork hadn't come through I was still running the private plate. Now weeks later I've checked on the DVLA site and its telling me that (with the old plate back on) the car is taxed bit has no MOT. Surely they both transfer over?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

After having just done this I am sure the dvla site said you would not get a new mot certificate but it is valid, chassis number will obviously match.

P.s I did it online and they emailed the relevant paperwork instantly.

Edited by Jetpilot

• 2 weeks later...

well sometimes things just go wrong, so might be worth a phone call to get them to run a sanity check on it.

i had a weird one years ago buying a new car. they took the old owner off but didn't put me on. i guess someone got half way through the form then got distracted and when they came back to it assumed they had done that form and moved on to the next. hey, we're all human.

I got pulled over by the boys in blue for driving a car with no MOT about 3 years ago - apparently it flagged on the in car ANPR system :shrug:

anyway was very similar to you except I had all the paperwork from DVLA but the computer records took 3 months to update, as above maybe worth a phone call though.