Late service - warranty issue?

350zcrazy

Hi everyone,

Im looking at buying a 350z but the person who owns it has not had it serviced yet and its done about 12,900 miles. Ive read on the forum that the first service is due at either 1 year or 9,000 miles, which ever comes first. If this car has'nt been serviced until now is the warranty still valid? if it is'nt valid do you think I should still buy or avoid? Apart from that the car looks fine

Thanks for your help guys! and hope to be sharing my Zed driving experiences with you soon!

There's plenty of cars out there that have been serviced on time, and whilst Nissan might not view it as an issue if you had a minor warranty claim, they may not pay out in case of something major so I personally wouldn't take the risk. Not worth it IMHO.

Grrreat idea to get a Zed ! and :welcome:

Give us some numbers ?

Without any then, Private sale may be an issue, but can be resolvable with a stealer visit with seller. If dealer then too many questions come with it for it too be a great decision.

If not very old then different to being a bit older.

As with most cars plenty to choose from so don't rush it, although obviosuly on here you'll find we think it a brilliant decision ! :D

There's plenty of cars out there that have been serviced on time, and whilst Nissan might not view it as an issue if you had a minor warranty claim, they may not pay out in case of something major so I personally wouldn't take the risk. Not worth it IMHO.

+1 - sorry, but if something big did go wrong, especially engine-wise, you can bet NISSAN would reject or if very lucky only partially pay a claim :dry:

+1 - sorry, but if something big did go wrong, especially engine-wise, you can bet NISSAN would reject or if very lucky only partially pay a claim :dry:

+1 I had huge issues getting my alloys done for corrosion because the previous owner missed the first service. I would call NMGB before committing to buy the car to see where you stand. And get the decision in writing if you do go ahead...... :)