Window barely working - passenger side

Shepton

Howdy peoples!

I've seen a few old topics on this subject, but wondered if anyone has either done this recently, or has the parts for sale.

The window will sometimes work, but is slow and wont come back up (without some encouragement)

I took the door card and panel off yesterday (along with most of my knuckles), lubed the cables up and made sure there were no issues, but it's still the same. I don't know if it's the motor, or the mechanism that is the issue..not sure how to tell either.

Has anyone had the same symptoms before who may know which is the problematic part? if not, does anyone have the parts for sale, or know of any?

Much appreciated as always B)

Hi Shepton, yeah I had the exact same issue. It's a simple case of the window motor burning out. Wear and tear. You could either try and get a refurbed motor (but I'm unsure of how hard that would be to find), or get yourself a new motor (what I did and what I would recommend).

The new motors are horrendously expensive for what they are! I think mine set me back around £240 for the part... but well worth it when you consider that you might want to open your window every now and again to hear that lovely exhaust note. :thumbs:

Hey Ryan.. cheers for the reply!!!

it sounds like quite a common problem having done some reading! I think i'll head down the rout of a new motor for it and see if that solves the issue!!! although i can think of better things for the Z for £240..but the option of surround sound V6 noises is rather appealing :teeth:

I shall start the motor hunt!!!

Cheers :thumbs:

Mines doing it right now, drivers side! I've looked into it and you can take the old motor out, split it open, clean it up and it will resolve the issue, but i've been watching a couple on ebay and second hand the motors are making 40-50 quid.

Open it up, give it a clean and also gently stretch the carbon brush springs a little - these are about a 50p part but Nissan made them non-replaceable because they're *****. I teased mine out a little more and they worked perfectly afterwards. Cost: £0

• Like 1

Cheers Bradders and GreenLandy.. I'll have a research on YouTube to see if it's something I can fathom.. well up for giving it a go! Sounds like there's a market in refurbished motors :)

I'm having this problem at the moment. I still cant be bothered to take the door card off... ive done it before and it was a pain in the ass so i'm trying to ignore the problem.

drivers side goes down (after hitting door card with fist and holding the button)

if i let it drop to the bottom it wont go up (unless i hold button and open my door and slam it)

passenger side window works fine but when i put it up on "auto" it reaches the top and comes back down halfway

Matt

my got tuck at the bottom and battering the door card normally gets it working long enough to fully close - so thats carbon bushes in my book

ah, I remember the days of whacking the doorcard to get my drivers side window to operate... 3 years I went never opening the window. makes you look like a right berk when you have to open the door and squeeze a hand round the side to get a ticket at a car park! :lol:

ah, I remember the days of whacking the doorcard to get my drivers side window to operate... 3 years I went never opening the window. makes you look like a right berk when you have to open the door and squeeze a hand round the side to get a ticket at a car park! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

My window at the moment goes down when I open the door but doesn't automatically go back up when I close it :-/ - took off the door card and performed the reset process but no luck. Would this be a motor issue too?

Sorry if I've hijacked the thread Shepton!

• 3 weeks later...

Mine's currently stuck in the down position despite the usual door banging - not moving. I'll leave a few days and then see if a brisk drive free its up .. Its normally locked but had daughter in the car who loves the windows fully down. And its p*ssing down here today so car covers on

Try and operate the window button with the door open and slam the door (Still holding the button) This is what i have to do if i let the window go all the way down on the drivers side.

Matt