Reinforcing Grass driveway

jimboy2

With my new car on its way I need to get my drive sorted. It's part Tarmac part grass. The Tarmac has the daily and my van on it so the grass area will be where the new car goes.

Last year we just drove the car on the grass and now it's rutted and ruined.

Been looking on how to reinforce it for the cheapest and easiest way possible (I know this may not produce the best results)

Looked at the mesh that you lay on top of the grass. The grass grows through and around it and this should prevent rutting right?

Anyone used anything similiar?

The car that will be parked there will be used twice a week max

Cheers

I have used a similiar product to this

https://www.grassform.co.uk/products/ground-reinforcement/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw4J-6BRD3h_KIoqijwvkBEiQAfcPiBUeStZX5dIhl7GEi_n7CvAVFJ3iuMNVnqxkerY5Edk8aAuHi8P8HAQ

You will need to dig out and level the ground, lay out sand and compact and then add a membrane ontop to stop weeds, and then fill with gravel. if you wanted to do a full job some hardcore at the bottom would guarantee no rutting.

having a good base to start with makes all the difference.

I have used a similiar product to this

https://www.grassform.co.uk/products/ground-reinforcement/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw4J-6BRD3h_KIoqijwvkBEiQAfcPiBUeStZX5dIhl7GEi_n7CvAVFJ3iuMNVnqxkerY5Edk8aAuHi8P8HAQ

You will need to dig out and level the ground, lay out sand and compact and then add a membrane ontop to stop weeds, and then fill with gravel. if you wanted to do a full job some hardcore at the bottom would guarantee no rutting.

having a good base to start with makes all the difference.

Have you used the roll of mesh or the grid type stuff?