Garage Rental

Ceejay29

Hi guys,

Losing patience with the housing associaion I rent my garage from;

One of the block piers required rebuilding (someone reversed into it) which meant that I could not keep my car in it. I had to wait four weeks for their handyman to carry out two hours work. Said work was carried out and now the pi55ing door doesn't open!

I have been informed that I will have to wait another three weeks for somebody to re-attend. Needless to say that I struggled to keep my cool :lol:

Now the question for you is;

The car isn't taxed and I can't risk another three weeks with it on the road. I'm a guessing it is my duty to find 'off road parking' or could I argue it as theirs?

Thanks

Unless it's in your agreement that the garage is kept suitable for car storage, then it's on you I'm afraid mate.

If the repair work is that easy, can you not just bodge it yourself in the mean time?

Cheers Dan, I thought that would be the case. Will have a read through.

To be honest I wish I had spent an afternoon rebuilding the pier myself; my concern was potential liability as I do not own the garage. The door is completely jammed and it isn't apparent as to why. Will take a closer look later.

I waited over a year and a half to get mine sorted and they still got it wrong! Doubt they will take any liability for anything so would be down to you to sort (but have a read of your agreement just to check)

As mentioned have a look if you can bodge it, I just fix all the problems myself now much easier that way

• Like 1

Yes Up

Is it an up and over door, not come off the runners has it?

Yes up and over; how on earth can I get it back on the runners if this is the problem? Brute force?

Yes you can usually get them back on. Is there another door to get into the garage? Best if you can have someone standing inside while you try and open it from outside. You will be able to see what the problem is that way.