My 05 Azure GT - lots of CF!

cob1980

Over the Winter whilst off the road I decided to sell the gear knob, never really liked the 'stick' format, I prefer a ball shape. I completely forgot about it then 2 days before the Mot in March I realised I hadn't replaced it!

Torqen quickly shipped out a replacement for me, and thanks to them it arrived before the Mot. I decided on the South Bend Clutch weighted knob. To me it really makes a difference to the gear shift. I think I still prefer a thinner stick underneath, so I may replace again at some point but for now this is much of an improvement.

gearknob.jpg.2f2e2256df155a1b127027e68c71e54d.jpg

That's all for now! Stay safe folks!

Iain.

Edited by cob1980
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cob1980 said:

Hi Lewis

Wow honestly I didn't realise it's been so long since my last update....nearly 2 years!! My daughter was born June 2018 and since then I've just had so little time.

Yes I'm still in ownership. Last year I did debate selling it since I used it so little, but I can't part with it! I've just had it mot'd, thankfully as usual it sailed though no advisories etc the mot guy said it's spotless underneath.

Now that I'm on here I'll put a few updates on. Thanks for the compliments by the way, I do prefer the OEM+ look, that's exactly it "clean and simple". I have most of the original parts if I wanted to change anything back. I recently bought a set of standard Rays for it, I need to get them refurb'd. I'm undecided whether I'd keep both sets of wheels or not.

If we are not locked down I'll be at the Indoor Jap Show this year.

Iain.

Wow congratulations on being a father!

Glad to know you're still in ownership! Yes hopefully Jap Show still goes ahead, not looking good at the moment, with a lot of events cancelling this year altogether :(

Nice updates, those hfc's are a work of art! I get you though, I'm the same I prefer something thats a bit more mellow too. HFC's and Test pipes on the Z's do make them loud and quite often raspy which I don't like.

Never seen that gear knob before, looks great quality and suits the interior :thumbs:

Ofcourse @davey_83 put you onto the wheels, guy is just a legend. What a steal!!

Idea of having two sets of wheels is great, you going to refurb in the OEM colour or are you going to go for something different?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the few 350z I really dislike parking next too, let's put it that way. Having a lovely set of RAYS just gives flexibility with options at least and yep a great find. Can second the weighted ball style shifter for the Zed over the stick ones. 

Stunning car :blush:

780359686_IMG_20190525_085658249_HDR2.jpg.2be645b0fc193716c324b93961cb0aed.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lewis Schwier said:

Wow congratulations on being a father!

Glad to know you're still in ownership! Yes hopefully Jap Show still goes ahead, not looking good at the moment, with a lot of events cancelling this year altogether :(

Nice updates, those hfc's are a work of art! I get you though, I'm the same I prefer something thats a bit more mellow too. HFC's and Test pipes on the Z's do make them loud and quite often raspy which I don't like.

Never seen that gear knob before, looks great quality and suits the interior :thumbs:

Ofcourse @davey_83 put you onto the wheels, guy is just a legend. What a steal!!

Idea of having two sets of wheels is great, you going to refurb in the OEM colour or are you going to go for something different?

Thanks buddy, actually my second child which is the problem as it's not so easy to palm off two kids on the wife :lol:

Since I've hardly driven with the new HFC's on I'm going to let them bed in before making a decision. I never doing anything quick anyway so...all in good time !!

Going for OEM colour, as glossy as possible, with spacers (that's the "+" ha ha). I really like the standard Rays on the Z, but never had them on mine or had the experience of driving with lighter wheels. Don't know when this will happen though, everything is on the back burner at the moment with all what's going on.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

One of the few 350z I really dislike parking next too, let's put it that way. Having a lovely set of RAYS just gives flexibility with options at least and yep a great find. Can second the weighted ball style shifter for the Zed over the stick ones. 

Stunning car :blush:

780359686_IMG_20190525_085658249_HDR2.jpg.2be645b0fc193716c324b93961cb0aed.jpg

Ha...ditto David, your Z is sooo clean! Thanks for the pic, not seen that one!

• Like 2