2006 Revup oil burning diagnostics

Guest marcw79

Firstly I'd start small, so remove the pcv valve and give it a shake . if it rattles then the value is moving freely and if not its stuck with open or closed. Both of which can cause issues, as stuck closed means increased crankcase pressure and this pressure will try to escape somewhere else ie rocker gasket, dip stick pipe, front or rear main etc. Stuck open means a oil passing thru the valve at partial throttle when ideally it shouldn't as the vacuum behind the throttle has dropped.

Then check to make sure dip stick is a snug fit, oil in play plugs holes, oil leaking externally of the can covers.

Common issue with rev up motor and 1lt. per 1000 miles is not uncommon.

Remove and checking the operation of the PCV is only a 5 minute job.

Plenty PCVs in stock if required, however worse case scenario is a build may be required to fix your issue.

Mate,

As per the above posters...Six Lt of oil consumed per 6,000 (1Lt/1000 miles) is considered normal for many performance cars.

It’s a bit of a taboo subject. Many owners don’t want to admit this issue and for various reasons are in denial... But in the grand scheme of things don’t get too concerned, you can get premium quality oil such as Shell Ultra 5w30 or try 5w40 for less than £25 for 5L at Eurocarparts.... Just be vigilant and top-up your levels accordingly and enjoy your Z !

• Like 1

Guest marcw79

Thanks for the reassurance nazman ... I always keep a very close eye on the oil levels but will check the PCV valve anyway as it looks to be very straightforward and if this is blocked / stuck then replacing it is very cheap ... Otherwise I guess I will keep an eye on it and keep the levels topped up ... Thanks again ...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi Mate,

Please keep us posted of the results when you complete 500 miles with the newly cleaned crankcase valve. I would be very interested of the outcome... However, I think the more likely culprit are the crappy oil control rings fitted on the Rev-Up pistons.... But I really hope I am wrong on this occasion!

Keep us informed.