For sale prices and edits

Long story short, if advertising anything i find it pretty useful to scan back through for sale ads to check prices of sold items, i notice a few threads where original posts have been edited so advertised prices are edited with sold. Since loosing the "whats it worth" section it would be handy if the prices werent edited out (just sold if necessary in the first post) so people could see original asking prices, it might help for future adverts? Just a thought.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 3

I think that's a good idea but ultimately that is down to the sellers.

Some as I have done in the past will simply leave the price up or draw a line through it with "sold" written next to it but others choose to delete the price.

As sellers can edit their for sale adverts once listed I'm not sure how you could stop this happening as it really is at the sellers discretion. ;)

• Like 1

Understood and appreciate once an ad has passed approval its down the to the seller but it could be requested that prices remain in the for sale ad guidelines/rules etc

Edited by Jetpilot

Whats it worth threads were not stopped. We used to block them as there was a significant risk of them subverting the T&Cs of actual sales ads (and they did) but the members saw a need for them and we agreed. Therefore the existing T&C's were updated and so long as the whats it worth thread satisfies the terms and conditions we will allow it.

Long story short, if advertising anything i find it pretty useful to scan back through for sale ads to check prices of sold items, i notice a few threads where original posts have been edited so advertised prices are edited with sold. Since loosing the "whats it worth" section it would be handy if the prices werent edited out (just sold if necessary in the first post) so people could see original asking prices, it might help for future adverts? Just a thought.

Agree with that!