350 - Replacement Clutch Characteristics

N4eay

Hi all,

As we all know there are LOADS of posts discussing the clutch on the 350, and we all know that the OEM clutch is not the easiest to use, I can do a better quick start in the Mrs A class 9/10 times. Anyway, what I would like to know is, are there replacements clutches out there that if installed would provide the following characteristics:-

Low biting point - (Like most cars)

Firm and consistent bit point, to avoid any clutch burn when launching.

Less pedal travel.

FYI I'm looking for HR options.

Edited by N4eay

I may be wrong, but I believe the travel is inherent in the pedal itself, as there's a strut-like arm that takes up some strain first.

The problem with adjusting it is you'll very likely lose cruise control, as it has a sensor.

• 3 weeks later...

You cant really have a low biting point and reduced travel but adjustments can be made, usually a lot of clutch issues on the HR can be traced to the fairly poor stock slave cylinder for which there is no cheap fix . The kits that replace the clutch slave cylinder like the Xtreme ones seem to give a more consistent feel as does fitting the single mass flywheel , coupled with a braided line at the same time is pretty much as good as it gets