Centre Caps

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

I am getting my wheels refurbished and suddenly realised that the centre caps could do with replacing. Does anyone know if I can get a set of the caps below in black? Yes, I know I could simply paint my current ones, but as I'm having a proper refurb on my alloys, I'd like to have decent set of centre caps. If black ones aren't available, do you think the company who will refurb the wheels might be able to refurb the centre caps as well?

Thanks.

B.J.V. Engineering couldn't do mine or wouldn't.

They did not explain

I'm not sure if the "NISSAN" chrome part of the centre caps can be separated from the centre caps. If it can be then it's just a case of doing that, then prepping & spraying the centre caps before reattaching the "NISSAN" badge part.

If it doesn't separate then it's going to be a PITA as you'd need to mask off the "NISSAN" part & chrome ring surround which could take a fair while plus with any masking it's going to be difficult to get clean lines sometimes.

Maybe it's the latter hence why they wouldn't do it for you. :shrug:

I think the Nissan badge is just held on with a couple of plastic welds which can be drilled out from the back. Then you'll just need some suitable glue to reattach afterwards. I think most places charge extra to paint the caps so just getting new caps the right colour might not be too bad cost wise in comparison.

The recessed black Nissan wording has faded or flaked off on some of my spare caps, presumably others have the same issue. New caps would obviously look better than that too.

I had my Ray's refurbished a couple of years back on the old 350 and the team managed to colour the 'Nissan' part and then the main cap for me. I'm pretty sure they come apart by removing the plastic welds and re-gluing.

I'm getting the 370 Rays done in the next few weeks so will find out again :)

IMG_0575.jpg