The Project that wasnt meant to be a Project

Synx

Hi All,

Ok so I have only had my 350z for 2 weeks and I was not going to do anything to it at all. I had wanted a 350z since I sat in one at the NEC when they were unveiled... Yes those were the days of Max Power magazine and I had some alloy wheels on my Fiesta and some after market rear lights. Oh and a full ICE set up including 10 sub in a home made enclosure! Hahahaha I think back now and I cringe a bit...

So onto now. I bought an Azure Blue GT with 46k miles on the clock and a few small things done to it.

e657a58a0604084f7666b0b218aabe18.jpg

Its so easy to spend money on a 350z. I hadn't realised as I have not spent money on any of my other cars (apart from the Fiesta I mentioned above). I think it has something to do with this forum. I can spend hours just reading stuff and looking at pics.

So I was going to just leave the car as it was. I mean I love it as it is right. Why change it? Yeah well that didn't last very long

Ok so first off the stubby Ariel that came with the car was Crap. Wouldn't even pick up the signal from a radio station from the town I was in.... so that had to go and I got that changed.

c8c34076ebf4f0786c45379e146e7319.jpg

Then came the most important mod. Flip key. Yep it didn't work out at the start as it was not turning in the ignition of the car but then I used a wall (no files in my garage yet) to file the end down as it was too pointy compared to the original key and bingo I have a flip key that works great now.

ee76a6edee2a7ca51bbfa7a4f69b6f64.jpg

Then it was onto the exhaust. I thought I could live with a loud exhaust but alas it turns out I don't like the Raspy high pitch droning of no cats. It gave me a headache after a 40+ min dive and reminds me of a boy racer in a Saxo that is all noise and no GO! So I got the guys at TGM racing which is just down the road to fit the cats back on and BOOM the car sounds exactly how I want it with the Cobra exhaust and cats.

Next was the horrible touring wheels! God they suck. I got a tip from a fellow forum member about some wheels that were on ebay after I posted about loving the look of the Linea Corse Dyna wheels. I couldn't pass up on this opportunity so I drove from Southampton (where I was working on sat to Dover to pick them up) In my eyes it was a bargain and the guy threw in some extra bits that were kicking around his garage. Some clear reflectors and the metal kick plates.

1e8a0eb9024598faa1f25889d1d6769b.jpg

So I am now just waiting to get the rubber on the wheels before they go on the car. I will refurbish them at some point but seeing as all this was in the same month I bought the car I need to calm down a touch.

Will try and keep it updated with future mods.

Things I might do in future

Change head unit

Refurbish alloys

Re wrap steeing wheel / spruce up

Front bumper change (maybe zunsport grill + mines lip)

Side skirts (maybe Tarmac sports side steps, greedy sides)

Rear bumper (Chargspeed rear)

JTW pop charger (maybe)

Rear spoiler... Not sure about this. Will have to see some a few meets to decide if it works for me. (haven't seen any in the flesh yet)

Buy some expensive rubber

Re-spray to get rid of all the stone chips

So that is it for now. Holy s**t I didn't realise I wrote that much.

Well thanks for reading if you got to the end and I hope to see you guys at an event soon. :D

Edit - photos added from phone

Edited by Synx
  • Like 3

Ergh, Corsair AND Razor? :O

Ok ok don't judge. The mouse was from my WOW playing days and the keyboard is a new purchase that I love and will keep buying from now on.

• Like 1

Ok ok don't judge. The mouse was from my WOW playing days and the keyboard is a new purchase that I love and will keep buying from now on.

I'm judging for the Keyboard :lol: I have that mouse.. Well had that one, lost it, had to buy another, got same one except the new model is a little bigger. Also from my Wow days.

All about the Razor keyboards :p

I'm judging for the Keyboard :lol: I have that mouse.. Well had that one, lost it, had to buy another, got same one except the new model is a little bigger. Also from my Wow days.

Ok now I am judging you.... ;) I have had 2 razor keyboards but they have both not lasted very long and so I went with the Corsair Strafe RGB cherry MX silent LOVE IT!!!

Ok now I am judging you.... ;) I have had 2 razor keyboards but they have both not lasted very long and so I went with the Corsair Strafe RGB cherry MX silent LOVE IT!!!

Tbf Corsair stuff is really nice and well made. I just have a friend who has Corsair EVERYTHING so I make a point of trying to change the world :lol:

Tbf Corsair stuff is really nice and well made. I just have a friend who has Corsair EVERYTHING so I make a point of trying to change the world :lol:

Fair enough.

Ok so I notice you have DOTA mug. Might have to get your steam ID and play some dota 2??

On topic should get some new rubber tomorrow or sat :D then I can get my new alloys on :teeth:

• Like 1

Fair enough.

Ok so I notice you have DOTA mug. Might have to get your steam ID and play some dota 2??

On topic should get some new rubber tomorrow or sat :D then I can get my new alloys on :teeth:

It's what got me off wow and became a bigger addiction :lol: - grundy225 :)

Fair enough.

It's what got me off wow and became a bigger addiction :lol: - grundy225 :)

Exactly the same for me.... dam so weird - free2ride

• Like 1

Are you lot speaking English??? lol Must be my age. :lol:

Which way you going with that statement?

Normally people imply they are too old to "get it" but I'm 26 and have no clue what they are talking about either

• Like 4

Little update from me.

Got some rubber on the new wheels and I love the look of them. Didn't need any spacers or anything.

1e7eb1170b403ef7960fd19f7595555c.jpg

One issue I have though is the car feels really light and loose above 60 mph compared to my old wheels and tyres.

Maybe tracking should sort it out or I might have to find some 18s that I like the look of! 😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha..funny.. just read though your build thread, there are a number of similarities! I've also been after a 350 since they came out, got mine about 6 weeks ago (remember the Azure with Linea Corse Dyna alloys in the newbie section?). I had a modified Fiesta too, with a home-made sub in the boot (oh dear). And one of my first mods was the flip key - which also did not fit. I had the luxury of files though so tweaked it a little until it worked.

I see you got the Dyna's then, you wasted no time !! I've just swapped mine for the original touring wheels as I want to get the Linea Corse's refurbed, I was thinking hyper black but I'm not sure if they are a fraction to dark for the look I want. Thinking gloss graphite or maybe shadow chrome.

I might be selling my Zunsport grill at some point if you are interested. Guessing you may be after the black version though.

By the way, your handling issue... my Dyna's have Falken 452's, and going back to touring wheels didn't feel any different although I only done about 5 miles on them. There's a definite camber on the back of mine. Have you had yours lowered? What PSI are you running?

Iain.