Really need some help to pick these Rays correctly....

Flashback

To give you an idea about widths and offsets, here's mine. 9.5" and 10.5", ET25 all round. If you went 8.5" / 9.5", you'd have the outside of the wheels half an inch further in than this, then adjust for different offset. I'm lowered on Tein S, which is -17mm / -14mm front / rear. Oh, and mine are 19" so would look different if you're going for 18s, but you get the idea :)

DSC_0007_zpsmmvbm9xu.jpg

I wouldn't know about selling them on, but I'd imagine that you could find a buyer for a quality set of wheels like this. I would personally think about getting the right sizes for what you want. Obviously narrower wheels will be less flush with the arches with the same offset, but as grundy also said, to achieve a good filled arch look you'd really want to lower it a bit.

Well yes that probably woud be a good idea, but how low would be right for a good look and then what would that mean for where I live, which is speed bump central? Is it going to mean turtle speed on the bumps? :)

Blue and bronze work suprisingly well together

I'm just not sure... you think? rays_wheels_volk_racing_ce28n_10_spoke_12_zpsyf4gtfxp.jpg

BM and Husky had similar setups both were lowered 30mm neither had issues really. both had wheels that nicely filled the arches looked flush from the side and wide at the back.

the bronze colour is noce and it makes a change from the varying range of silvers. I had a Black S2000 and wanted copper/bronze/ gold alloys (never got round to repainting the ones i had.)

the blue and bronze is very complimentary, but its a personal choice, it has to be what you like.

Thanks RT and so that was 30mm with 18s - 9.5/10.5?

Think I'm gonna need to do some photoshopping on my car and have a good think on it, but they do look nice against the slightly lighter blue in the picture.. I just couldn't visualise it first off.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Re the lowering, how much looks good is personal preference. Based on mine (-17mm/-14mm f/r), I'd say I am looking to go about 5-10mm lower eventually, so between 20 and 25mm from stock, which should look nice but not overly 'slammed', and also mean I can still clear speedbumps, which I always take slowly anyway.

• Like 1