HR compatibility/differences

GreenLandy

Just doing some research into HR v DE...

I know all of the obvious stuff - engine, bonnnet, revs, lights, interior - but is everything else interchangable?

ie will DE brakes pads and discs fit straight on, will an exhaust from a mani-back DE fit on an HR?

Also, does an HR have any advantages in terms of rust, other than being newer? I know for the DE the double skinned rear arches attract rust like there's no tomorrow, but does the HR improve on this design?

The rust on the wheel arches is due to the lip that catches all the crud. I dug out a pile of muddy dirt from mine. Just clean it well, coat in a good undersealer and they should be fine unless the rust has started to bite.

Shame about the rust - but I guess with HR it's less likely to have set in yet so prevention methods might have a chance.

By similar, I presume you are referring to different mounts or something?

My thoughts were essentially, will my DE decat system (decats, stillen Y pipe, scorpion exhaust) fit? Seems like only the scorpion element will?

Along with JJDugen, when I got my Zed all those years ago i was surprised at just what a rust trap the rear wheel arches were. They collect all of the road crud to the point that its packed so tightly that unless you knew there was a lip there you'd not bother cleaning all of the muck out and as it remains damp from October to May you have the perfect environment for growing mushrooms. I clean all of the crap out of mine twice a year with my fingers.