Arch Roller

cs2000

Hey all,

Due to me needing some more clearance in my arches, I have ordered an arch roller to roll the inside lip up.

I know there are companies that do this for a fee, but Arch Enemy wanted 100 for 2 arches. Having done it before, I know that as long as you use heat, and your arches aren't already damaged, and you take it slow, its relatively easy to do it yourself.

Just wondered if anyone else wanted to borrow mine after I'm done with it, its kinda a one shot deal isn't it? When you've bought it, you use it once, and then what... hence my offer.

Obviously, if anyone does want to borrow it, any damage you do to your car/paint is on your head, I'm just loaning the tool.

When it arrives and its all done il stick some pictures up.

• Like 2

Its a simple job, and buying one is cheaper than getting a garage to do it.

But as you say, its a one shot deal.

Can you imagine how many arch rollers are laying dormant in peoples sheds around the UK.

Maybe we need a roller location map on here to save people having to buy them.

I did mine with a hammer :lol:

Looks absolutely spot on too. It's not for the faint of heart tho

Brave brave man.

I've done mine too, but only got it to about a 45 drug angle, bought a roller to finish it off.

I did end up cracking the paint however as both my arches have rust spots and the cracks started there, but I was using a heat gun on the other areas and they're fine :)

Honestly, it's not THAT hard, you just need to take it slow, and use heat.

As for corrosion, general advice to to clean the lip well, do the rolling and then re-seal the newly formed lip with something like silicon so you don't get water sat in there.