OEM air box DE differences between 04 and 06

Zeezeebaba

I've just looked at some pictures of both boxes and it looks like the stack is just an add on to an earlier box. I just need to re - attach mine. It fits in tight but I just wanted to ensure it stays there.

I have an HKS filter to replace the OEM one too.

It's really just the prelude to a plenum spacer as she's already been uprev tuned.

It's in ok I just needed a few dabs of silicone to secure the larger trumpet ring into the smaller one. Unless I already had a later box installed by the previous owner which is also a possibility.It was a nice tight fit.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

My guess is that later 06 box has a single larger trumpet.

I have Flyboy's conversion fitted, although I silver soldered the new trumpet into the original 04 one, rather than using silicone.

It's best unriveted from the box using this method!

I did a search online to look at comparative pictures of the two boxes. Every search I did came back as basically the same box but the 06 one has a larger trumpet section inserted into the existing hole as the seam line can be seen in the pictures I looked at. The larger trumpet on mine slots in tight and held ok without bonding but I put a few dabs of silicone on it just in case.