No CEL on start up

Stan

I have just noticed that when I turn the ignition on, the CEL doesn't come on with the other lights, before extinguishing. I am guessing the bulb has gone?

Using Torque I checked the ECU today and it doesn't have any codes stored which is good - I worried the dealer had removed it to hide a fault! However does it matter that the bulb has gone or should I try to replace it? I figured if I can check it with Torque when I want, it doesn't matter too much?

I think it's an MOT fail to not have a working CEL, isn't it?

Yup

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's a pass and advise, they were supposed to change the rules on this some time ago but didn't.

Yup

It's a pass and advise, they were supposed to change the rules on this some time ago but didn't.

I'll bloody thrash the place I use for mots when I see them!

They told me any major warning light (abs, airbag, eml etc) being inoperative was a fail

Edited by Ricey@revolveautomotive

Yup

I'll bloody thrash the place I use for mots when I see them!

They told me any major warning light (abs, airbag, eml etc) being inoperative was a fail

The ABS light must illuminate and extinguish after a few second of ignition being switched on, the airbag light only has to indicate a fault (be illuminated all the time) but it don't have to illuminate when you turn ignition on, and the management light can do whatever it likes!

Except for old range rovers, you have to drive them to get the ABS light out.

The M.O.T system is a bloody nightmare because most testers will disagree on almost everything testable, I just refere to the manual that's on the new system and print sections off when people disagree.

Even then there are grey areas where the manual could be interpreted in different ways.