Fund Raising for The Myton Hospice

harryjackson

Hello fellow zedders,

I am writing this post looking for fundraising for a charity run me and 15 family members will be taking part in this month.

We are running for Myton Hospice which support families and ill patients with life threatening illness'.

This matter seems all the more relevant as the family member we are running for, sadly passed away 2 weeks ago. She fought a short battle with cancer but unfortunately was not the victor on this occasion. If you would like to support, all the family would like it to go towards Myton Hospice as they helped home Pat for her short time. They also helped a fellow runners father in the past.

Here is the link to the Just Giving Page - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Kathryn-Ferguson2

And a link to Myton Hospice themselves - http://www.mytonhospice.org

On the just giving page my name doesn't appear as I was a late entry but i will be running with many female and wearing a pink tutu, makeup and bright pink wig to fit in.

Thank you

Harry Jackson

P.S if you donate please mention in PM or as a comment so I can thank you.

Edited by harryjackson

Just sent you a 10.00 donation mate. I don't normally do charity, but for want of a better word, cancer is a bitch, and if a small donation can go to helping someone in the future live through something like this, or just to be made comfortable when no more can be done for them, then its worth it.

My ex works as a radiotherapist and we have personally had people in the family get caught by this disease, thankfully one survived, but the other didn't so I know where you're coming from.

Plus, a man prepared to run in a pink tutu, wig and makeup is worth a tenner!

• Like 1

Just sent you a 10.00 donation mate. I don't normally do charity, but for want of a better word, cancer is a bitch, and if a small donation can go to helping someone in the future live through something like this, or just to be made comfortable when no more can be done for them, then its worth it.

My ex works as a radiotherapist and we have personally had people in the family get caught by this disease, thankfully one survived, but the other didn't so I know where you're coming from.

Plus, a man prepared to run in a pink tutu, wig and makeup is worth a tenner!

Tell me about it I'm getting slated at work but mind over matter.

Thank you for your donation. It's much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Really glad to see your target has been smashed. Also, free bump ;)

Yeah I'm super happy. We should still have more to add to the pot in cash donations. Hoping to smash £4,000 for Myton.

If feels good doing good.

Thanks for the bump 😜

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Cancer is an absolute tw@t. It took all both parents and grand parents.

I volunteer for Christies now. Heartbreaking to see the people who were perfectly healthy then just struck by cancer.

I volunteer for Christies now. Heartbreaking to see the people who were perfectly healthy then just struck by cancer.

Yeah nasty thing man :(

The little thing I can do to help :)

Yeah nasty thing man :(

The little thing I can do to help :)

I do hope they find a cure. It's horrible watching a family member wither away. As you know.

Stands to reason I'll get it given family history but I'd rather it be me than another loved one.

• Like 1