New alloys front 18" 9J ET 22 and Rear 18" 10.5J ET 22

Tickettone

Hi everyone,

As this is my first time buying new alloys for a car and I have standard ride height so nothing has been altered here.

I have a few questions to be answered by the ones in the know, plus an opportunity for those with this set up if any to shown off their Z.

Firstly if anybody has this set up on wheels can you upload your photos so I can see how the car sits and how the wheels feel the arches?

Secondly I have been advised this should be a good set up and should not involve any arch rolling or adjustments to my ride height or buying coilovers to adjust camber. Is that correct?

Thirdly on these wheel sizes please advise the best tyre set up.

I'm trying to feel my arches, also have very slight stance to rear and front, clear brembos and not hit fenders or wheel well.

Thanks in advance all,

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning.

First off - You wont get stance without springs or coilovers. Will look like a monster truck.

Secondly - Wheel offsets sound fine. Common setup.

Thirdly - To clear the Brembo's, depends on the size

Fourthly - Coilovers don't adjust the camber, you have to buy adjustable camber arms.

Finally - Tyre size, I'm no expert, but I'd be looking at 245/40/18 and either 265 or 275/40/18.

• Like 3

Morning.

First off - You wont get stance without springs or coilovers. Will look like a monster truck.

Secondly - Wheel offsets sound fine. Common setup.

Thirdly - To clear the Brembo's, depends on the size

Fourthly - Coilovers don't adjust the camber, you have to buy adjustable camber arms.

Finally - Tyre size, I'm no expert, but I'd be looking at 245/40/18 and either 265 or 275/40/18.

So would the wheels that are front 18" 9J ET20 and 18" 10.5J ET20 make my Z look like a monster truck?

As my OEM wheels leave little gap at the top of arch to fender and they are 18" with 225/45R18 and 245/45R18 tyres front to rear.

Thanks again

Those wheels on standard suspension won't cause any issues with arch rubbing. You'll need to lower it a bit to get proper arch fillage though. I think what grundy meant with the monster truck comment was that wider wheels tend to exaggerate the gap to the arch with standard ride height.

I'm running 19x9.5 et25 front, 19x10.5 et25 rear, with 255/35 and 285/35 tyres. Not the same as you want, but might give you a point of reference about the width and offset. I'm lowered on Tein S springs (-17mm front, -14mm rear). No arch rolling or camber adjustment needed.

20151218_1037291_zpsfonm2de5.jpg

• Like 3

I'm going to be getting XXR 968 next month if you think they will be ok In that offset and size. I'll prob go for the following tyre sizes 245/40/18 and 275/40/18. Would I require spacers to clear the brembos with this style of wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

these are the same wheels i run but mine are 20 et.......+ 20mm spacer :teeth:

1170809_10208739605424743_1819852980251092291_n_zpsphe4j01t.jpg

12226405_1553738484955400_621381272_n_zpsazkr4c1q.jpg

your have no problem fitting them,plenty of clearance unless you add the spacers then your need to roll the rear arches. ;)

• Like 2