Windscreen replacement

sipar69

Found a nasty chip/crack on the lower driver's side of my windscreen today. The local Autoglass guy came out and reckons it needs replacing. I'm happy with that - it's an ugly chip with cracks underneath it. It would bug me to death if they just repaired it. The guy is really into Zs and pressed on the phone for an OEM replacement screen and recommended a particular 'master tech' to do the install. I just need to wait for confirmation that Admiral will cover it and an appointment. Is there anything in particular I need to watch out for when they do the install? Cheers. :)

Had my Rosie's windscreen changed through Admiral last year (April) Had to wait 2 weeks as only OEM glass available, paid the £75 excess charge. Guy from Autoglass did the work and he was great - I kept an eye on him now and again and he didn't mind at all!

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

Quick udate on this. I had my windscreen replaced yesterday. In the end, I didn't go with dealership glass. It was taking too long to arrive, there was no indication of when it would be in stock and subsequent research confirmed that the non dealership glass used by Autoglass is exactly the same spec' (possibly even the same manufacturer) - it's just not branded as a Nissan windscreen.

I know that Autoglass get mixed reviews, but the two young blokes who did my car (from the Slough branch) were really good. They were on time, did the work very carefully, explained the whole process etc. The replacement seems perfect. Overall I was really chuffed with the service. :thumbs:

• Like 2