De-cat mating with Ark grip system 350

Loggy747

Hi all, I have an Ark grip system fitted to the car but still have the standard cats on. I'm just wondering which de-cats will fit this system, I'm assuming most will but I just want to make sure before I make any purchases. I have searched through the forum but haven't found anything yet.

Cheers lads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha don't tell me that. I love the sound at the minute. It's quiet enough inside the car which i like. But every time I think about how much the cats are restricting I can't help but feel sad so they have to go lol

Any 350z DE decat will fit the exhaust, but you might encounter the following:

- louder than current setup, unless you like a loud exhaust don't waste your money

- will breathe better, but will not pas MOT unless you know a friendly MOT tester

- have a bit of raspiness and transfer vibrations into the cabin

- have a bit of drone on motorway miles

Huge selection available here: http://www.torqen.uk/88-test-pipes

Even with High Flow Cats might be a bit too loud if you don't like a loud exhaust :)

Cheers Adrian. The car is up

for MOT in May so I'm planning to fit them after that anyway. Yeah I was thinking most would fit anyway. I don't mind a loud exhaust as long as she breathes better! I know there are probably a million threads on this as well but what pipes are most people using and would you recommend?

We sold most of the brands, like Invidia, Kinetix, Berk, Motordyne ART, but I'm pretty sure there will be more guys here to chime in with their recommendation. I'd personally go for Berk HFC because the car doesn't smell so bad with them on, you can still leave the windows open unlike on my GTR with straight through system :lol: and because it comes with the brackets for the OEM brace that eliminate some of the vibrations transferred into the cabin, if not most of them.

Oh, if money is not a problem, Motordyne ART pipes, always!

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN

We sold most of the brands, like Invidia, Kinetix, Berk, Motordyne ART, but I'm pretty sure there will be more guys here to chime in with their recommendation. I'd personally go for Berk HFC because the car doesn't smell so bad with them on, you can still leave the windows open unlike on my GTR with straight through system :lol: and because it comes with the brackets for the OEM brace that eliminate some of the vibrations transferred into the cabin, if not most of them.

Oh, if money is not a problem, Motordyne ART pipes, always!

+ 1 on the ART pipes, mine is quieter in the car but very loud outside, there's a video on my build thread to give you an idea before you buy :)

+1 for ART pipes. Got them from Adrian and had them fitted on Friday. No difference in volume at motorway cruising and idle not much louder at all. The volume comes into play where you want it at higher up in the rev range.