Rear Wiper Delete Declare to Insurance?

FallenAngelX

I jest!

Personally no, even I wouldn't bother and I'm very anal about stuff like that. However, no harm in ringing them and asking the question, at least you know for sure then. :)

They will just say yes and then charge you something like £30 admin fee.

Wouldn't even bother.

Probably. However, would the ombudsman rule if your favour if there was a claim that went against you because you'd removed the wiper? Would you fancy your chances in court?

Although as I said, I don't think I'd bother.

Probably. However, would the ombudsman rule if your favour if there was a claim that went against you because you'd removed the wiper? Would you fancy your chances in court?

Although as I said, I don't think I'd bother.

Yes I would :lol:

Think it's Ash who used to be the guy who judges write offs etc. (or might of been someone else)

But when it goes to court, all the judge cares about is, did this impact the crash? Was this the reason etc?

They wouldn't care if you hadn't declared you removed the wiper motor, just if it affected the reason for the crash.

That's my point: What if you reversed over an old lady because you couldn't see out of the rear screen? ;)

If I was a lawyer, I'd then argue that, that is irelevant, as not ALL cars have rear wiper blades from factory, yet they don't reverse over Old Lady's :p

Ah, but then as the opposing legal counsel I would argue that the manufacturer knew your car had limited visibility due to it's sports car design, and so they put a wiper on there for that exact reason :p

Ah Touche.

'My client had parking sensors, he just ignored the beeping when it detected the old lady. He;s an idiot, the error here is the driver, not the wiper blade'

Case closed, sentanced for 15 years.

:lol:

• Like 1

Grundy

"Your honour, my defence is such. WHY was said female out of the kitchen without the required chaperone to keep her from being reversed over?"

Judge

"Case closed, damages awarded to Mr Grundy"

I jest, I jest!

Grundy wouldn't see them because of his rear wing, the lack of wiper is irrelevant :lol:

• Like 2

Some vans like VW Transporters have rear glass you can see out of but the panel vans do not so you can't see out and have to rely on the side mirrors. I don't think it makes any difference and wouldn't bother informing the insurance company over something like this.

If I had changed the wheels from OEM I would but wouldn't if I chose a different make of tyre.