Genuine nissan differential fluid

russyb

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ive come to finally get the oil changed, read the back of these bottles, they are NOT to be used when a LSD fluid is required. Making these two bottles redundant to me....great.

This is what Nissan use in our diffs. I'm not aware of any other kind of magic LSD fluid other than oil :shrug:

I've just bought 2 bottles of this too and noticed what it says about not for LSD's as well. This is definitely ok to use in a standard LSD then? Was just going to email the seller and thought I'd check on here first, glad I did now!

I bought this oil to do an oil change in my track car diff. I noticed the same about not using in LSD.

However when I enquired about it this is how it was explained to me. Because the LSD is a viscous type it has an oil/ fluid inside the actual diff centre for it to work, this part remains sealed and the fluid is not changed (you wouldn't be able to change it without stripping the diff down anyway) So what it's saying on the bottle is this oil is NOT for the viscous LSD diff centre.

When you do an oil change like you are suggesting, you drain the diff case out and refill it, this IS the correct oil for that. So basically this oil is lubricating the crown wheel and pinion, bearings etc.

The two lots of oil/ fluid never mix between the diff centre and what's in the diff casing, you only ever change what's in the casing and this is the correct oil for it.

This is how I had it explained to me and how I understood what I was being told. If I've not got it 100% correct I apologise and will stand corrected. Although I thought it was worth a mention and hopefully it will help others on here who were confused as I was wether or not to use this oil.