LSD Quaife vs Mfactory

Snjur

Looking on upgrading my vlsd to lsd as it doesnt make sense going twin turbo on stock vlsd.

I think wouldn't be long before stock vlsd would fail with new power and torque

As I've been looking with budget available there are 2 solutions

Quaife and Mfactory

I would appreciate if someone can point out some pros and cons of above.

Quaife is well known UK product while Mfactory is imported (although i had it on my Swift and worked well) price is almost the same with Mfactory beign 50 gbp cheaper.

On the advert its stated it is 1.5 to 2.0 way lock for Mafcatory and can lock up to 60% which if its true is great deal.

Any info is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Any price figures for Wavetrack and Kaaz. Ive had a quick look over ebay and here Quaife are around 815 to 880 gbp and Mfactory is 770/780 if i recall right

I paid £695 for a Kazz LSD 2.0 Way in the group buy from Ewen at Clark Motorsport.

Fantabulous piece of kit. You need to change the Diff oil every 3000 Miles. (£34)

That is also i assume helical diff?

Since that was a group buy i reckon price for single unit is close to 800 gbp

Edited by Snjur

My quaife is imminent , its all sat on the shelf at work , unfortunately all these pesky customer cars keep getting in the way

I'm fitting the Quaife, the 350z shafts and bolts, new bearings and seals, Nismo diff cover, whiteline diff bushes and decent oil , i reckon i'm up over £1500 in parts alone since its a more costly conversion on the 7a/t. No need to change the oil any more regularly on a quaife either, every couple of years is fine

I paid £695 for a Kazz LSD 2.0 Way in the group buy from Ewen at Clark Motorsport.

Fantabulous piece of kit. You need to change the Diff oil every 3000 Miles. (£34)

That is also i assume helical diff?

Since that was a group buy i reckon price for single unit is close to 800 gbp

£654 from driftworks

http://www.driftworks.com/kaaz-lsd-differential-for-nissan-300zx-350z.html

If you plan just to DD your car and fast road/ occasional track use i'd recommend the quaife.

It's got smoother operation/engagement, lifetime warranty, less service requirement and will do the job.

If you are planning full track or drift then a 2way clutch type diff like Kaaz, Cusco etc will be better for more aggressive operation. The quaife will work to mind you.

I've got a 2 way Cusco for my 3rd year now and know what I'm talking about.

Mostly will be street use, occasional track days and street race events.

Either way with 700 hp and around same torque in Nm is not much there for daily drive so im still in doubt if 1.5 or 2 way.

A buddy has a roadster single turbo midmount some serious figures and has fitted Quaife. Very satisfied with it.

Other buddy has a TT coupe with OS Giken 2 way locking diff 60% lock.

I haven't been there to see it but buddy with roadster is saying when he is maneuvering noise which is coming from diff and all is horrible same like it wants to tear apart.

How is a 2 way diff to live with every day?

You get a bit of wheel spin on the inside tyre and a clunky noise while turning sharply as you start off.

Just don't turn the steering wheel hard as you start.

Tiny bit of understeer, just as you setup for cornering.

As soon as your commit, it corners like it's on rails.

I could probably get a recording of the Diff noise if required.